How will GS make money now?

Discussion in 'Stocks' started by noob_trad3r, Jan 21, 2010.

1. So was Lehman. Gulp.

#21     Jan 21, 2010
  2. zdreg

zdreg

exactly.

for noob_trad3r who asked the question etc.
    read the partnership of goldman sach by charles ellis

the culture of goldman sachs by lisa endlich

#22     Jan 21, 2010
  3. What are you smoking?

#23     Jan 21, 2010
  4. don't get your panties in a twist. This is a non-starter, first of all. If this new rule does see the light of day, the banks will make some legal structural changes and nothing will effectively change.

What I want to know is when we're going to see some outrage over Fannie and Freddie and the disasters in Detroit.

Love 'em or hate 'em, the banks have paid the money back with interest (I realize that's easier to do with a 0% interest rate, but that rate is available to fan, Fred and GM and they'll never pay anything back and will suck us dry eventually).

When are we going after the Fred and Fan overlords in congress? When will we go after thug union leaders who are the special interests in power now.

This bank thing is just a diversion from Obama's five year plan.

#24     Jan 21, 2010
  5. dhpar

dhpar

+1

#25     Jan 21, 2010
  6. stumpzy

stumpzy

sounds like my college career. :p

#26     Jan 21, 2010
  7. :D

#27     Jan 21, 2010
  8. just21

just21

Everybody with an Interactive Brokers account can borrow 4 times there account balance (portfolio margin) at 1.3% a year. How are you all doing?

#28     Jan 21, 2010
  9. Looks like the Big O is not happy. The market is not happy either. We do not like punitive taxes. It sets precedent to abuse of power.

Brendan P. Byrne

#29     Jan 21, 2010
  10. the1

the1

It's a bit easier to trade when you have access to all the inside information you could ever want and you get to watch order flow before order flow becomes order flow.

Take away GS's monopoly on information and they are no better than any other schmuck trying to make a buck.

#30     Jan 21, 2010