How was Israel created?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by RCG Trader, Nov 15, 2012.

1. Two things.

1. The British did seem to think there was such a thing as Palestine, because they held a conference over what to do about it.

2. The British took census of that region, since they controlled after the fall of the Ottoman Empire. A lot of people did live there, unless this is propaganda.

#11     Nov 15, 2012
  2. Mav88,

I tend to be a bit distrustful of Wiki sources. Not a slam for the link, but is there any links you might have that are just straight down the line?

Can the creation of Israel be separated from the politics of it?

Is that possible?

#12     Nov 15, 2012
  3. Lucrum

Lucrum

Oh sure, it's as easy as separating the smell from a pile of shit.

#13     Nov 15, 2012
  4. Okay, let me get this straight.

Stalin midwifed Israel because he essentially forced Truman into recognizing the state???

What about the native population there?

Were they simply driven off the land?

Is this the Arab version of manifest destiny?

#14     Nov 15, 2012
  5. As least you were somewhat on topic. So far, I have that the USA created Israel defacto.

Is that right?

#15     Nov 15, 2012
  6. This is what I have also after a very short time on the topic. If this is true, we are in a sink hole.

If we did, in fact, take that land from those people, they will never stop firing rockets, and we will never stop having to defend that.

This is bad.

#16     Nov 15, 2012
  7. Lucrum

Lucrum

As I recall the US did play a role. I never thought of the US as THE creator of Israel though. Seems like I remember the Israelis also fought the British to get them to leave. Even using some of the same terrorist tactics the Palestinian vermin use on Israel today. How's that for karma?

#17     Nov 15, 2012
  8. In the end, if Truman had not legitimized Israel first, we would not be compelled to give her infinite aid.

Israel is our child. I did not know that until today.

#18     Nov 15, 2012
  9. Lucrum

Lucrum

W H E R E - I S - Y O U R - J O U R N A L - RCG ?

Or has yet again your ego driven mouth written a check your slow intellect and factual personal history simple cannot cash?

#19     Nov 24, 2012
  10. pspr

pspr

Question: "What is the land that God promised to Israel?"

Answer: In regards to the land that God has promised Israel, Genesis 15:18 declares, "To your descendants [Abraham's] I give this land, from the river of Egypt to the great river, the Euphrates." God later confirms this promise to Abraham's son Isaac, and Isaac's son Jacob (whose name was later changed to Israel). When the Israelites were about to invade the Promised Land, God reiterated the land promise, as recorded in Joshua 1:4, "Your territory will extend from the desert to Lebanon, and from the great river, the Euphrates — all the Hittite country — to the Great Sea on the west."

With Genesis 15:18 and Joshua 1:4 in mind, the land God gave to Israel included everything from the Nile river in Egypt to Lebanon (North to South) and everything from the Mediterranean Sea to the Euphrates River (West to East). So, what land has God stated belongs to Israel? All of the land modern Israel currently possesses, plus all of the land of the Palestinians (the West Bank and Gaza), plus some of Egypt and Syria, plus all of Jordan, plus some of Saudi Arabia and Iraq. Israel currently possesses only a fraction of the land God has promised.

#20     Nov 24, 2012