How Wall Street / CNBC works...

Discussion in 'Trading' started by gwb-trading, Mar 2, 2002.

1. Brandonf

Brandonf Sponsor

Whatever is in that book, I don't see how it would come as any suprise to a trader. Anytime there are pigs, there is a butcher, anytime there are sheep there is a sheerer...and we all know that in the "Great bull" there were plenty of sheep and pigs. Why would'nt the sheerer's and butchers show up? They have a job to do too.

Brandon

#11     Mar 2, 2002
  2. Trader01

Trader01

tscm....all time high about 60..Fridays close..2 dollars..'nuff said!!

#12     Mar 2, 2002
  3. I love the denial that just because the whistle blower is an ex-employee, he must be lying.

Who knows more than ex-employees?

Maybe I am biased, but I am an ex-employee (sort of) of a now-famous snake oil salesman. I would name him, but my post would just be deleted...

#13     Mar 2, 2002
  4. Rigel

Rigel

Brandonf,
    People aren't animals to be sheered and butchered.
    And the shepherd takes good care of his sheep.

#14     Mar 3, 2002
  5. The market seeks truth. Regretfully, it is the iconoclastic that have organized it and call it "CNBC".

#15     Mar 3, 2002
  6. moffitt

moffitt

The problem is that there is no shepard taking care of the sheep.
    Where do you turn for a bit of honesty? Not CNBC, not Cramer,
    not the politicians not even the media. So where is Honest Abe to be found:confused:

Case in point of a disgruntled sole. He told of tobacco
    and they said he was a nut. But all the honchos wound up on Capital Hill to testify. To a man smoking is not harmful.
    They all went home. The media was silent and the politicos
    put on a show for the voters.

Sounds a bit like Enron and so far looks the same.

Unless somebody starts slapping around vacation time
    on Rikers Island. This will just continue in changing forms.

:cool:

#16     Mar 3, 2002
  7. I'm always amazed of the old ex-employee and therefore a liar scenario. We as the public should 100% accept this as the truth. Do not believe ex-employees because they all are disgruntled incompetent and liars while people like Jim Cramer are completely honest 100% of the time. After all what CNBC states is the gospel.

#17     Mar 3, 2002
  8. tampa

tampa

The truth, it seems to me, can always be found in the charts.

But few seek the truth. The majority want to be told what to do, so there are those who will tell them.

If a stock goes up, what is the first thing you hear? "What's the news/" You guys always want to know why. you always want an excuse.

You have all heard the phrase: Trade what you see, not what you think. Yet you spend very little time seeing, and too much time thinking.

You fancy yourselves as "traders". but in reality are nothing more than "followers".

If you knew that XYZ was going up 5 points by the close tomorrow, when would you tell me? Today? tomorrow morning? Or a few minutes before the close tomorrow? If you are smart, you would tell me just a few minutes before the close - so that you would have someone to take it off your hands.

It's only logical. Yet you all get so upset when it is actually done. You blame anyone and everyone for your own lack of common sense. Your calls for honesty are laughable. None of these people would have any influence were you not glued to CNBC waiting for one of them to tell you what to do.

#18     Mar 3, 2002
  9. Sheisters crack me up. I feel bad for the little guy, but not for the "professional". I watched a money manager (w/MBA,CFA,20yrs exp.) get smacked to pieces on TGLO from the first day it traded. This was at about the same time he was explaining the mosaic approach to analysis and investing. What a JOKE. LOL! I also heard from my buddy that evening that nite banked 7 million making the market. Just goes to show that people are people.

#19     Mar 3, 2002
  10. Bryan Roberts

Bryan Roberts Guest

pump and dump is as old as trading itself. the big difference is at one time it was legal, now it's not. i turned cnbc off 3 years ago and every trading room i've come across has laughed at maria's calls.....many joking about fading her. i always wondered about cramer, i.e. how someone with that big of an ego could be successful. i think this article answers that question. i say let the son of a b---- fry(in prison).

#20     Mar 3, 2002