How two stove pipes blew it.

Discussion in 'Economics' started by Grob109, Dec 10, 2005.

1. In this plan there is no deductible so i moved point 1 a little.

when the CMS point 2 is reached on a 25%/ 75% ratio at 750, you see that the plan does not get there

All plans use tiers of drugs instead. CMS knew there were many drug plans working in 2005 and before. All worked on tiers roughly speaking. Those that didn't were discount card alternative stand alones. So the MMA was a mess legilatively and the corresponding regs of CMS were more messy.

I use three generics @ 3 bucks each and three preferred Rx's (Tier 2) @ 28 each. this is 93 bucks a month.

that is new point 2 below CMS point 2 and the line is extrapolated out to JULY to hit the beginning of the doughnut hole.

there I cross in parallel but for the fact that I have about a 20% discount in that region

you see that I do not get to point 3 and December is 2800 without discount and 2250 with the discount roughly speaking.

All plans are like this sort of yield.

For really ill persons there are premium oriented stuff that works right on through the doughnut hole. This would cost annually about 600 bucks in premiums.

I am premium free on all parts of my Medicare.

Personally I believe the doodle sheet is what the US needs now to get everyone to undrstand the maths of Medicare.

Thank you for youre patience and I hope that ET for one really does everything it can to get the word out.

This is a good example of using TA for solving a problem that is not understandable otherwise.

It may be possible that you will see this stuff on SSA and CMS web sites soon.

It needs to be blogged everywhere and on the news everywhere and in newspapers as a work sheet.

#21     Dec 10, 2005
  2. here is a work sheet to do any 3 plans for comparison

#22     Dec 10, 2005
  3. Thank you all in advance.

The dark horse thread on persistence finally tipped the balance for me.

There is a thread on locations and aging. I did not add my cent since I am not in the age range of the ET distribution.

Being older and Baron and a lot of others point out I am very expendable here. But I do think still and I do just make an effort, ordinarily, to support othr's growth.

This is an exceptional situation, however. Having presented this stuff to the SSA regional and having him see it as the web solution for both SSA and CMS and to put his staff in the field on weekends at pharmacies, I feel that it will be possible to over come the newspaper and TV screw ups on this by going to the grassroots and doing the NIKE thing.

JUST DO IT means get this stuff out to the public through all means possible. It can become a classic work around for a very poorly conceived Congressional effort and a floundering media and mailling and web effort of CMS and SSA.

Putting this lousy chart and the planning sheet just everywhere is what needs to be done.

Down here we have people teaching people how to help others. I have 18 wheelers dropping pallets here of materials for people to pick up.

I have been lucky to have worked with a lot od hell raisers over my life. Ceasar Chavez, Abbie Hoffman, Lola Redford, etc etc....
    I put a lot of time in at the EOP as well. And I have done redlining on the hill.

It is just impossible that 61% of the eligibles can't get to understand Medicare D is a must.

My view is that it take one person to help another to come to understand how D fits with C with B and A. All ofur Medicares have taken 40 years to get straight. We owe it to older persons to hewlp them out.

Get this show on the road.

#23     Dec 10, 2005
  4. #24     Dec 10, 2005
  5. maxpi

maxpi

Don't they just pretty much write all this govt krap so it is insanely ambiguous so you have to hire an attorney to get your benefits? It's just a big welfare program for attorneys, by attorneys, and of attorneys IMO.

I know people that truly are qualified for disability, one guy was on a waiting list for a heart transplant but denied SSA disability. He got an attorney and voila!! they started cutting him checks.

#25     Dec 11, 2005
  6. The government has spent the years from 1935 to 2005 getting to the place where the US has a citizen paid health system for older people.

FDR, in 1935, got enacted SS for those 65 and over and at which time the life expectancy approximated 65. At that time in history 90% of the public would have been callsed as living in poverty as we think of it today.

I was 2 and my dad owned a Chrysler Airflow. Our family provided all the milk to the block where we lived. Fortunately my dad was participating in telephone company mergers and was paid piece work to do plats of city areas to delineate capital assets. He luckily asked if he could eliminate doing scale drawings and just construct a 2 dimensional representation. As a consequence, he was earning many times the expected wage throughout those years.

It took 30 years to get to Medicare A (hospitaliazation (think room and board only)). 1965. By 1967, Medicare B was put in place to do the medical part of healthcare.

Insurance called Medigap (premium based supplements covered the deductibles and 20% short falls).

Today the Part B monthly deduction covers 25% of federal costs of Part B; 75% cost is covered by general tax funds. That just leaves the remaining part of total costs (the government funds cover 80% of total) is paid by individuals who bet on their health or get medi gap private insurance.

The BBA (Balanced Budget Act) was designed to make it all work including inflation and cost of living. 1997 also introduced Medicare C which was designed to Cover A, B and the supplements for a premium and the government gave monthly payments to the insurers.

By 2001, the CPI and the health delivery costs were so divergent many insurers quit or went belly up; the melt down proceeded from rural areas first to the cities lastly.

This stink buried Medicare for most living seniors.

I signed up for SS and Medicare 1 1/2 years after I was eligible at the request of a buddy. Then I found that most all my records at the fesreral level were erroneous. I signed them as a matter of eliminating confusion. I had one pending altercation at the time which I won soon after. I was penalized for about 1/2 half year delay for getting Medicare A and B in this mix of events.

The MMA of 2003 cured the CPI/health care divergence with an annual inventory of real costs that were automatically put into the next year's monthly government payments beginning about 2003. MMA is Medicare modernization act.

Most providers were royally screwed by the insurance failures and they did not get paid for services on behalf of Medicare recipients.

SAT invented a paradigm to be a model of health delivery to rural areas. SAT offers all qualified plans in any given rural area. SAT makes the judgement of quality and SAT has exclusivity with many of the insurers. If SAT does not have exclusivity SAT gives its overflow to the competitive agents in the field and provides them with knowledge skills and experience in the SAT Method.

As noted earlier SAT is spending a few weeks enrolling the client population of a 501 (C) (3) which serves the poor (4,000 out of 38,000) in their service area. case workers and SAT coordinate and the team can do an enrollment in 8 to 12 minutes depending upon preparation and questions the enrollee has. This is simple a cash flow shifting process since state funds stop because of Medicare D starting. It is a royal regulations pain.

I posted the doodle sheet to get the regulations on the table which 61 % of the older public is now unwilling to consider.
    \
    THe plans do work and offer help to the aging. the aging have paid more taxes than anyone else and right now they are so discouraged that it is absolutely nessessary for this nation to come to their support.

As some of you know my imprimatur is the "bridge"

The doodle sheet is the bridge to understanding that signing up is a major necessity regardless of whether drugs are presently used.

This is because there is a 1% per month penalty (tied to premiums) that keeps mounting starting 15MAY06.

It is incredible on the face of it why Congress and CMS thought up a 1% per month penalty for the aging of the US. I showed you an newspaper article where a 7% penalty was persented as 14.70 on a 30.00 dollar premium....just sooo stupid.

My example of my drug costs (450) may be compared to the SS I would ordinarily get as an older person. It would be about 1,000 a month were I keeping it. This is a single cost of 45% of the government income accorded me.

This is a common picture that I see in the field. As you saw as I unfolded the doodle sheet application and used the other helpers, I cut my drug costs to about 2,300 dollars a year from 5,400 dollars a year.

61 PERCENT OF THE US ELDERLY DO NOT PERCEIVE THIS POSSIBILITY.

So I am initiating here and in all other places possible an information distribution plan based on a lousy graph that a sixth grader or older can use to help a grandparent or anyone else who qualifies to get on board with Medicare D and also consider Medicare C which pulls together A , B and D in coordination.

Older people in the US have paid their dues. What does it cost all the rest of us to give them a hand or to pass forward our knowledge to them.

Why the stovepipes could not connect on this, at least on a needs basis, is a mystery. Why could not SSA put along side the income and resourses test a drug needs test. Poverty of not having drugs is the same as not having money.

I know their smug answer at this point :That is not our proiblem CMS deals with drugs.

CMS says that it does not deal with SS matters nor IRS matters.

So we can all see easily that this is not a problem that the legislative branch can handle. Nor is it a problem that the executive branch can provide leadership to handle.

This is a grassroots problem. It takes just plain people to help the elderly who have been let down totally by an information and communication disaster.

It is my 150% opinion that every person in ET can reach out to one or more elderly people.

It is my opinion that there are many people here who know people of resonsibility in the communications fields. If you know someone, copy these doodle sheets and present them and work out a plan with them to get them in the public eye.

As far as I am concerned on 18JAN06, my birthday, the US can set aside the day between Franklin's and Robert E lee's birthdays to do the doodle sheet. since nothing important happened on the 18th so far as did important things on the 17th and 19th, I think the gap can be filled.

Filling in a doodle sheet may take 5 to 10 minutes that will save an older person a couple of thousand dollars a year for therest of their lives. this is a real and tangible gift to hand out and hand forward to others.

Pleas post here a town where you are using it. As far as I am concerned ET can get the job started and it will get done from this point on.

This is the turf I have been to so far (by town and County):

Amado TU
    Arivica JunctionTU
    Bernadino DO
    Bonita SA
    Bowie WI
    Carman TU
    Cazador DO
    Central SA
    Charlestown SV
    Cochise WI
    Coronado SV
    Dragoon WI
    Elfrida DO
    Elgin PA
    Ft Grant SA
    Ft. Thomas SA
    Gleason DO
    Glenbar SA
    Green Valley TU
    Hereford SV
    Huachuca City SV
    McNeal DO
    Naco BI
    Nickersville SV
    Palominas BI
    Pearce WI
    Pima SA
    Pirtleville DO
    Pomerene BE
    Portal WI
    Rio Rico NO
    San Simon WI
    Solomon SA
    Sonoita PA
    St David BE
    Sunsites WI
    Thatcher SA
    Tombstone SV
    Tucson and around Pima County
    Tumacacore NO

Please add yours or email me at: easaxby5@cox.net.

Monday and Tuesday I will be in Douglas and the CMS "BUS" road show is arriving there as well. TV and radio and press are all scheduled for the road show. My invitation was from two 501 (C0 (3)'s who are flooded by people who want help.

CMS plans to erect tents to use their web approach that so far has been unsatisfactory according to the public. Elderly people in rural areas are not computer oriented as you may guess.

Near frost conditions are estimated for the tents at sunup.

#26     Dec 11, 2005
  7. This is the doodle helper sheet.

#27     Dec 11, 2005
  8. Mr. Hershey,

This is a lot of material.

As a simple minded 46 year old. May I ask a question (s)?

Would a country such as America ever put me in a position when I am older or weaker to deny me SS benefits? Even if I did or did not subscribe to the privatisation plan?

one more question:

Are the projections of what I may need, when I retire accurate?

Please excuse the intruson. And if you already discussed this in your posts, I got lost...

Your work seems extensive in this project and if I am correct in my initial thoughts, all of us should be thanking you.

Michael B.

#28     Dec 11, 2005
  9. I know it seems like a lot of material.

I wish it were just plain and simple for all those out there.

Because I can afford to take on anything I want, I tried to come up with a solution that cut through the "crap" as some have called it.

Most seniors know their costs to the penny and it something that is continually part of the conversation.
    So I made a doodle chart that sarts with what they know and converts to the Medicare D by making four dots to connect.

this proves very rapidly to them that they need to consider Medicare D

It is a go/no go chart that always says GO!!!

How could 61% of the population not even wnt to consider it.

We all know the answer. The leadership has screwed up.

I still remember the EOP phone number. EOP to HHS to CMS has dropped the ball. I used to have to make the 5:00 PM helicopter on Fridays. Meaning, I was responsible for generating solution papers for problems.

Here the bridge is to get americans to look at what is on the table after a long set of failures.

You ask about the future.

SS and Medicare are going through continuing and dynamic change.

My medical malpractise was going up 30% a year a while back. I do not use it now and I do not carry a jump kit anymore.

Here is the picture that is happening. Medical costs for practioners are going through the roof because of the health environment.

Medicare deals with sickness and illness. Finally, corporations have recognized that health and wellness are the cheapest cure for illness and sickness. Health and weallness is cheaper to provide to people than to wait until illness strikes.

Ammerica is finally getting health and wellness outside of Medicare. But only if people come and find out how to get it.

SAT will double its staff this month it turns out. over three months SAT has gotten thousands behind in getting those who have asked to seminars. SAT has peaked at handing out 3,000 to 4,000 booklets a week on Medicare D. We are 40% Spanish 60% English work load wise. Staff is now 50/50.

The divergence of health costsand living costs versus the government system and approach up to 2003 made everthing in the private sector more or less fail. New programs in Medicare C and now D are arriving and there is a guarnatee of cost coverage by the government going forward at this point.

The BUT is and it is BIG is that that current methods will not work because of several reasons.

1. Boomers
    2. longevity increasing.
    3. tax base not keeping pace.
    4. the deepening fiscal irresponsibility
    5. the deepening US policy failures that continually add most costs to supporting failure.
    6. the significant carry forward of present debt and debt maintenance.
    7. the ever increasing borrowing from foreign countries as the source of funds
    8. the ever increasing negative aspects of the balance of payments.
    9. the failure of US corporations to maintain retirement benefits.
    10. the failure of the current bailout system of the federal government for corporatio9ns whose retirement programs are failing.

I usually stop at 10 when I am doing econometric analysis of problems.

The paradigm that SAT developed to handle this problem simply overpowered the planning of the fourth largest US corporation in this locality. SAT completed their annual efforts in the first 2 1/2 months of SAT start up with them. SAT had one operating factor to over come which required two phone calls and a four page memo. It was that they did not, on a national basis subcontract with other corporations. this required about two weeks to overcome by presenting the paradigm of the solution.

The doodle sheet is just an aid to solve the national CMS SSA dilemma created by governemt staff and as CMS says "A dynamite consulting team". This team says that what they got from use "respresents deep thoutht and understanding of the situation". I personally regard their assessment of the brige (doodle sheet) as unqualified and unfounded. They are the problem and do not know it as yet.

As a 46 year old you are not going to receive anything from the federal government when you are ready for it. The HITF has 1.63 trillion in it all composed of US government bonds.

People put the money in the HITF and the Congress and administration bought bonds with the money.

The EOP has come up with some initiatives for people, among them a failure called "privatization". You probably can figure out by not that it is what is called a "politiacl windfall" for political supporters of an idealist administration.

those who used to "run the numbers" are gone or going. Think Oneil formerly of Alcoa and Greenspan.

Personally, I know that Pete Peterson is periodically meeting with past members of past administration CEA members. Pete and some of those people are past collegues of mine.

So my view is that you are hanging in the wind and you must fend for yourself. you will not be able to pay into the system what is required of you and your contemporaries. You and those younger than you are going to have to also fix all the stuff that is being handed to you.

For me I have spent my life fixing what is busted, institutionally speaking. I can look back over all my life and note that I have contributed at every turn and continually to institutionalize solutions for the benefit of the US and other places around the world. I could always afford to do this.

Now I have 13 months in on Medicare and Medicare D and SS extra help.

Here I started a thread.

I want the doodle sheet all over the place helping out 45,000,000 people make the right decision to get Medicare straight for them and what they put into the system.

I know what happens whet you work on a problem.

I worked on "whats wrong out threre" A ford Foundation expression for the grant thay gave me to work on something of my choice. I chose water quality and finally helped red line the PL 92 500.

I worked to introduce environmental education in the US. especially in the TVA, NYC the five counties arounf Philly (the largest seed multicounty grant in the US.

I was tagged a one of five with the name Green Mafia by Justice douglas after we invented the EIS and got it thorough the legislation unknown to the "military Industrial (and business) complex. Power to the people is what we acheived and you can check Brokovich out on that.

THE AIA allowed me to write about how the built and natural environment can be work in concert. It still is the second moststolen reference book in acrchitectural libraries.

I have delt with Appropriate Technology all my life. weatherization was one of my thrusts with the CSA an outgrowth of Shriver's OEO first efforts for the poor. I was COB of NCAT when it started with Chavez, Redford and other hellraisers support.

I wrote books on how alcohol and gasoline go in means of transportation after having coordinated the start up of small scale agricultural alcohol production before ADM was even a dot on the landscape.

Now we are dealing with the fall out of PL 209 173 (MMA).

I need help. I am not new to TV shows or transition teams when elections allow government changes. This is a grassroots potential movement.

This is a national opportunity to get 100% of the eligibles to sign up for their prescription needs now and in the future.

If several of these kind of movements can get done America can get back on track.

Its time for peace, taking care of families and above all taking care of the people who built this place.

I want the full spectrum of views here...

There is not a possibility of interruption..everything counts and everything forwards getting the job done people to people.

#29     Dec 11, 2005
  10. You're saying tv won't do the job?and it's up to the children /grandchildren of families to make sure their own elders are informed?People seem to need figureheads so you're going to need charismatic people to help.How about on the state level?It shouldn't be too hard to find a well known personality in each state who would support this and so bridge the gap between grassroots and a national campaign?

#30     Dec 12, 2005