How trading changed over the years, and what is the future of trading.

Discussion in 'Trading' started by ex_broker, Jan 28, 2007.

1. GFWCM

Go Fishing With Charlie Munger

#21     Jan 28, 2007
  2. bighog

bighog Guest

oddtrader said it best 95% winners. you have to love that. HA (the reason that is a great statement is because that is and has always been the draw for the money flow of losers to keep the game going.)

I will also add that women will get in this game more and more.:D A report the other day stated that single women (51% ) now life alone because they are more self assured, more career oriented and more capable of supporting self rather going out and ending up with some couch potato farting and picking nose during hockey games. Women will be BIG in the trading game in a few years, like it or not.

OK, lets make some bacon tomorrow, jobs friday, lets hope jobs report get alive again. Jobber report been a dog lately.

BYE

#22     Jan 28, 2007
  3. jazzsax

jazzsax

Already seeing it up here... I know enough women taking care of their own investments and working at investment firms here in toronto!

#23     Jan 28, 2007
  4. Just ask ex SOES traders if the game hasn't changed.

Folks selling something are always putting on a smiley face and saying . C'mon in Boyz, The Waters Fine!

#24     Jan 28, 2007

5. Great post. Agree 100%.
    Every new trader should understand this before they decide to try to make a living day trading e-minis.

#25     Feb 2, 2007
  6. True, but it is more like the trading present than future. A computer will never be able to beat a human at investing though

Edges come and go but price and information are still just that. A human investor with a realistic time frame and superior knowledge of industry/sector can always smoke the averages. You find me some low float piece of garbage(remember what they say about another persons garbage) that cannot be "traded". And then find me some guy who knows exactly how many widgets that company can make or how many trucks they send out every day filled with them And i`ll show you a man who retires wealthy.

Happy Friday!

#26     Feb 2, 2007