How to win an argument with a Christian

Discussion in 'Politics' started by peilthetraveler, Feb 20, 2010.

1. stu

stu

Look Wallet, if you want to just say black is white in the face of all the contrary evidence because the Bible says black is white then fine. But it's no argument, and the ignorance simply goes on. People who do that are not going to be any the less ignorant about the world about them.

You can even deny anything is known to the point of absurdity, which is the usual theistic early end position asserting you can't really know anything, therefore you know there must be a Creator. That approach apart from being ridiculously self-contradictory, still leaves Thor as the Creator of Lightening and Thunder.

You apparently don't want any knowledge of how particles spontaneously come into and go out of existence from nowhere all the time to ever be true, but you do blindly accept without rhyme or reason, that a magical imaginary Creator created itself .

Apart from being a crap line of reasoning, why wouldn't that show itself as a rather retarded thought process to you?

#11     Feb 21, 2010
  2. Particles spontaneously coming into, and going out of existence from nowhere? Uh, how is this not magical?

#12     Feb 21, 2010
  3. stu

stu

It's not magical in the same way as Lightening and Thunder is not magical.
    Anyway, you're a hippy. Why the hell should you care what might actually be happening in reality?

#13     Feb 21, 2010
  4. Ok fine, so there was a creator but which one? Since throughout history and across civilizations there have been many such stories and since it requires a leap of faith to accept these assertions which one should a rational person pick. :confused:

Here is a list
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Creation_myth

#14     Feb 21, 2010
  5. If the basis of lightening and thunder is "particles spontaneously coming into, and going out of existence from nowhere", then how is lightnening and thunder not magical?

Because happiness depends on the awareness/experience of reality. I care about reality because I care about my Self. Anything else is hell.

Christ!

#15     Feb 21, 2010
  6. Truth exists at the core of your being as the core of your being. Lies obscure the core of your being for a time. When the quest for your truth supercedes your quess for lies (about yourself), you will be able to recognize any source of story/parable that speaks of your truth. And you will choose it with a sense of certainty.

Christ!

#16     Feb 21, 2010
  7. Wallet

Wallet

Once you come to the realization that there's something bigger than ourselves, why don't you search for the source. Mankind has been trying to answer that question, who am I, where did I come from.

There's a void there that needs to be filled, thus the search and there's a reason why that void exists today. The problem is that mankind's pride gets in the way.

@Stu, when an artist creates a work of art, they usually mark it or sign their name.... and people identify the work as an expression of the artist. In a similar fashion I believe the universe carries a signature or very limited view of God's nature in the way it is fashioned.

Stu, I could not imagine living in a world without God, without hope. If the future holds nothing more than the grave, what a sad lonely existence, with the dread of death. No, give me Jesus.

Enough of this conversation for me, Hopefully Stu, you will find your way to the Truth.

regards,

#17     Feb 21, 2010
  8. we already have found the truth. hopefully you will find your way to reality.

#18     Feb 21, 2010
  9. stu

stu

All you are doing is unduly giving the name God to something which doesn't need the name. When you actually look, the canvass is already signed nature.

Fine of course I empathize with that. A perfect fairyland after death because otherwise you fear a dread of death. But not death in Jesus God land. That's worse than living under Kim jon il for an eternity. No way. That’s not what hope should be.
    You can stop pretending it is a special truth.
    You may well realize one day how wonderful stuff really is without running that damn awful God addiction which plagues mankind so much.

What a terrible waste of life. Fearing a God.

#19     Feb 21, 2010
  10. [​IMG]

#20     Feb 21, 2010