how to understand Al Brooks

Discussion in 'Educational Resources' started by padutrader, Apr 24, 2018.

1. volpri

volpri

To do so would not be waste of time rather a wonderful investment of time.
    1BCE35FE-3270-4613-89B7-4C42C42F3CA7.jpeg

#261     May 1, 2018
    Xela, Sprout, zenemini and 1 other person like this.
  2. padutrader

padutrader

brilliant
    is this copywrited
    i am copying to post on facebook

#262     May 1, 2018
  3. SkyChef

SkyChef

And there is 16.6% chance, one of them is an erotic enthusiast crying out "it's 69, for god's shake". :D

Less humor, more math intuitive.

Math_Intuitive.jpg

Last edited: May 1, 2018
    #263     May 1, 2018
  4. padutrader

padutrader

yep
    nice one

#264     May 1, 2018
  5. zenemini

zenemini

Larry has had some issues, to be sure. But I learned something from Larry about price and range that I use to this day.

I am not a Brooks trader nor an acolyte. His book is very poorly written - so much so that I would not recommend anyone waste his or her time with it. I don't know if I'd call it indecipherable. But it is certainly something in need of "ciphering" before one will get anything of value from it. I did look at his video course, and I am hard pressed to come up with anything negative. Imho, it is cheap relative to the value it has for a new trader (or a long time perennial loser).

I do believe it is a "real time chat" room for educational purposes, and not a "real time trading" room for the purpose of making live public market calls. Such real time market calls are only found in the ES Journal at ET.

Last edited: May 1, 2018
    #265     May 1, 2018
  6. padutrader

padutrader

you make some good points
    Al did help me not only to read price action logically but also market action.
    You may see example of this type of reasoning which i have learnt from Al in my new thread 'forex trading'

Unfortunately you have to learn his lingo to comprehend him and he himself has stated in his preface and else where that his book is not 'an easy read': that may be an understatement

#266     May 2, 2018
  7. volpri

volpri

I don’t remember where i got it from so i don’t know.

#267     May 2, 2018
  8. padutrader

padutrader

that was a joke the copywrite i mean:D

#268     May 2, 2018
  9. Problem is, very few market gurus can do this in forward testing or as part of a verified track record. It's always in hindsight, like the example given above. :D

#269     May 2, 2018
  10. padutrader

padutrader

i am not sure what you mean by hindsight....in the example and chart shown , if you had sold on the last bar shown, you would have made 86 pips profit

#270     May 2, 2018