how to understand Al Brooks

Discussion in 'Educational Resources' started by padutrader, Apr 24, 2018.

1. padutrader

padutrader

:D

#251     May 1, 2018
  2. speedo

speedo

I am glorifying nothing. Fred, you are wasting your time. You need to join a debate society.;)

#252     May 1, 2018
  3. padutrader

padutrader

he is also wasting a lot of effort:D

#253     May 1, 2018
  4. speedo

speedo

Like a dog on a non-existent bone

#254     May 1, 2018
  5. True. No argument there. Just that I remember the old "debates" about Larry Williams, who I think is one of trading's biggest charlatans and who demonstrably could not trade his way out of a wet paper bag, a questionable "trading contest" decades ago notwithstanding. I never bought anything that Williams sold, but I read about him and had even spoken to an enforcement attorney at the NFA about him some years ago, simply because I could not believe the stuff he got away with.

So when Brooks presented himself as a professional trader with an indecipherable book and offered a subscription real time trading chat room service where he apparently has yet to call a single trade in real time, and several ET members could not stop gushing about him, it all came rushing back to me. My bad. :)

#255     May 1, 2018
    lcranston likes this.
  6. speedo

speedo

Yeah but Larry can market like all get out and has a good looking daughter.:)

#256     May 1, 2018
  7. volpri

volpri

Watch out Freddy!
    08F270A2-A5BB-4E1D-9598-DB2332D84A78.jpeg

#257     May 1, 2018
  8. padutrader

padutrader

:D yep ET is a lot of fun i wish i found it ten years ago

#258     May 1, 2018
  9. volpri

volpri

I do not find his books indecipherable. Maybe he doesn’t want to call trades live because he will have to “prove” they are live. Then nobody believes the proof so he will have to prove the “proof” with brokerages statements. Then nobody believes the brokerage statements so he will have to get them certified by a third party. Then nobody believes the third party is legit so a trove of doubters report him to the regulatory agencies. So they investigate him perhaps looking for ways to drum up a fine..LOL ..AD NAUSEUM....SO...FREDDY he may just find it easier, and less hassel, and less time and money, to simply NOT make any claims about live trading and if anyone wants to buy his books and materials they can do so under such conditions OR not buy them. I’m quite sure Mr Brooks simply doesn’t care what they choose to do. He probally figures the popsicle money he makes from booksales and video course sales are not worthy to be compared to the money he takes from the markets. Why should he?

I mean like for around 600 dollars a body can buy his video course and a hard copy of every book he has produced. And for another 200 buckaroos or so, a body can buy a digital copy of his 4 books for study when on airplanes...layovers..wife is driving car...family is at the beach swimming and one is under a great big umbrella in a fancy beach chair sipping and studying.

As far as him claiming to be a professional trader I could care less. It doesn’t matter to me if he is an amateur, a novice, a greenhorn. His status mean diddly squat to me. I am more interested in his trading ideas, and testing them for myself. I don’t care if a vendor of ideas is male or female, pretty or ugly, professional or amateur, skinny or fat, I am only interested to find out if their ideas will work for me or how I can modify them to better work for me. I don’t even care if they make money or lose money for the vendor! I only care about if I can use them to make money for myself.

I have found that Mr Brooks has given me, in his course, and his books, several ideas that work for me to make money AND with some of those ideas I have modified to fit my trading personality.

So.....Freddy there you have it......

#259     May 1, 2018
  10. themickey

themickey

Well I'll give you guys this...
    If you can spend 26 pages of time thus far arguing on and on about Al Brooks, you may as well waste more time & read his book.
    LOL :)

#260     May 1, 2018
    padutrader and lcranston like this.