How to turn $250K into $5k...a *simple* test

Discussion in 'Journals' started by gehko, Mar 4, 2008.

1. Adobian

Adobian

At least your successful rate now would be 90% ... (losers vs winners)

#11     Mar 5, 2008
  2. gehko

gehko

its nowhere but down from here :D
    ...to every mccain there must be a huckabee

http://www.cnn.com/ELECTION/2008/

#12     Mar 5, 2008
  3. I don't think it will work, because if it was that easy to turn 250K into 5K, then just taking the opposite position would prove profitable and this strategy would be common knowledge.

My guess is that you will see extreme swings with no real direction using the strategies you outlined.

#13     Mar 5, 2008
  4. gehko

gehko

I also have a horrible exit strategy and no money management. If i can understand the components of the worst system to trade, then it will serve as a good foundation of what not to do, and build from there.

#14     Mar 6, 2008
  5. gehko

gehko

It looks like i am going to get into CIEN for tomorrows earnings. I will am going to shoot for the switchover at 1540 like yesterday. The trend is obviously down and the telcom sector is "retreating" as the news people put it. So as stated in my trading plan i will go long and hold through the night and cross my fingers for the morning report.

#15     Mar 6, 2008
  6. TraDaToR

TraDaToR

If you want to reach your goal, don't try to predict where it won't go, just use market orders and do as many trades as possible... It can be done.

#16     Mar 6, 2008
  7. gehko

gehko

market orders in which direction? is there a new kind of market order that i dont know about that is not directional? last i knew that was called "doing nothing"

#17     Mar 6, 2008
  8. Direction doesn't matter, just remember to close the position immediately if the trade turns positive by even $10, o/w just let it run into oblivion ... that should do it nicely :D :D :D

#18     Mar 6, 2008
  9. TraDaToR

TraDaToR

buy - sell - buy - Sell - Buy - ....

All market orders... deep illiquid markets would be a must... 50 lots at a time...

With a well-thought strategy, it can be done in 15 minutes, even less...Automation would be a must ...:D

#19     Mar 6, 2008
  10. gehko

gehko

what is my lower bounds if the trade goes neg? with $250000 in the trade $10 will probably be a fraction of a penny. :p

#20     Mar 6, 2008