How to turn $1000 into $1,000,000 with options in less than 6 years

Discussion in 'Options' started by crayon851, Nov 28, 2014.

1. Why is the original publisher tooting his horn prematurely and creating arguments...

Just Do what you do -- and if it works in your favor...Great for You...Then you can freely openly talk about it. and it will be a much more worthwhile forum topic.

#51     Dec 1, 2014

2. You must be new to ET. This is where nobody makes money but everyone says they will, or lies that they do/did. The OP will likely spend 100 hours on posting, then lose it all, then quit posting. I have a 9-year old kid currently posting the thread, "How i turn 9 dollars into one billion in 43 years!!!" She is currently up 12%!!!! a master trader!!!! then there is the thread, "How i turn 1 cent into 1 trillion in 100 billion years."

#52     Dec 1, 2014
    alexkofler likes this.
  3. Visaria

Visaria

I've been "trading" for near 20 years. My definition of trading is the act of buying or selling financial instruments with the intention of making profit, regardless of time frame. From my definition, I believe that Buffet, Soros, Druckenmiller and others have made trading returns in excess of 30% (average) over many decades. This belief is derived from audited statements of performance put out by the respective trader.

AFAIK, Soros or Druckenmiller haven't put the "screws on distressed companies" (presumably this would finish the distressed company off, so not sure what the benefit is of doing this).

What on earth is your definition of "trading"?

#53     Dec 1, 2014
  4. Trading is buy low, sell high.

Losing is buy high sell low.

Gambling is have no clue and hope for the best.

People who sets out to make million, billion, double, 10 times money in xx days /months/years usually fall in the last category. Those who really succeed in their claims are geniuses. But geniuses are extremely rare and the chance of them coming on ET or other forums is close to non-existent because they would be too busy making the loot.

Last edited: Dec 1, 2014
    #54     Dec 1, 2014
  5. But i am SPECIAL. i am the unique master who needs attention and followers to look at me like a trading god. I am one out of 1,000,000 and can do things nobody else can do!!!! This is the age of narcissism, and i hope the OP links his facebook, twitter, instagram, snapchat, and whatever else to this precious thread. Then he will tour the world and give lectures to 10,000 people and showered with roses and praise........

#55     Dec 1, 2014
  6. In the sense that we are talking about IN THIS THREAD, which sparked the actual discussion in this thread, trading is the act of buying and selling securities for profit on a reasonably short term basis. The OP was talking about short term trades and turning 1000$ into many millions or making 2-3% a month forever. I simply told him that no "trader" has ever been able to achieve long term returns that are even close to the numbers that he is throwing out.

Now if you are going to include things that would be considered private equity deals and long term investing then sure it's possible. Occasionally people do get very lucky in the deals they take part in and they have a very long time horizon to wait, and in many cases that's because they have so much leverage that they can negotiate killer prices that no regular person can do. You didn't think Buffet actually paid market prices for his preferred shares did you? But what the F does that have to do with anything we are talking about in this thread?

It never takes very long for people to throw Buffet and Soros' name out, but the funny thing about these people is they truly don't realize how rank amateur it makes them sound. In a discussion on trading returns, this guy names Buffet and Soros. Wow... :)

#56     Dec 2, 2014
  7. By the way OP, what the hell does that even mean?

What kind of assumption is that? Let's ASSUME there is 1% to be made on a daily basis. WHAT ??? Did I miss something? Like maybe the HOW are you going to do that?

I don't think you know what the word math means.

#57     Dec 2, 2014
  8. I believe OP think he can make the profit from selling and buying in the samd time in bid/ask, aka he is saying he want to be the market maker. ;)

#58     Dec 2, 2014
  9. Then the OP has chosen the correct side to do business. The market maker side always wins. Now I am completely convinced he will achieve his goal.

Sorry to the OP for the doom and gloom in my earlier posts. Now I am full of positive waves.

Last edited: Dec 2, 2014
    #59     Dec 2, 2014
  10. Visaria

Visaria

Very well, if we are talking v short term, then i would look to Marty Schwartz's audited record over decades of averaging 20% a MONTH (non compound). He made tens of millions. AFAIK, he was not screwing companies over or doing private equity or doing leveraged buyouts. He was day trading the SP futures and trading options and stocks too.

So can you admit to being wrong? You said no trader has been able to achieve long term returns as are being discussed, i just proved you wrong.

#60     Dec 2, 2014