How to trade market open for e-minis

Discussion in 'Index Futures' started by enlightedtrader, Oct 21, 2006.

1. bighog,

i like that very much....the only thing i disagree with is the market open being more important...anytime the bars are normal size or bigger then it is good trading daytrading eminis .......each bar can be very accurately predicted by system signal...at the beginnnig of bar formation....very highly......then it is reading a book scenario.......word by word..most don't have the tenacity to get there, but other systems might be their cup of tea....scalp, ride the runs, position all day, etc........ .. enlightedtrader.....no offense...if you stay on forums for awhile you will see the attacks get really ugly.......soon u trust no one to be honest with you......i have been impressed with big hog's comments in the past...pay close attention to his post .....he gave you the big clue about trading big event times.....

#81     Oct 25, 2006
  2. ddunbar

ddunbar Guest

I agree, there are ways to trade the open. Doesn't mean you have to trade every open. But there are setups that are very reliable which occur at least once a week. And have done so for years.

#82     Oct 25, 2006

3. Bighog,

Thank you for your advice. I've done some backtesting and found that generally 5-min chart is working quite well to trade open. The key here is to differentiate open types. For normal open, we can use normal set-ups. For gap open, the situation is quite different. We must act much faster for gap open.

#83     Oct 28, 2006