How to trade Gold tomorrow

Discussion in 'Trading' started by ShadowTrader_08, Mar 11, 2009.

1. Thanks Shadowtrader. Its because of your service that I went short on Gold at the top. Thanks once again for the charting and analysis.

Shadow's site is the real "ball site" rather then Rennick's knockoff.

Traders need analysis and good calls in the marketplace. Shadow provides this service to us all.

#11     Mar 12, 2009
  2. ShadowTrader_08

ShadowTrader_08 ET Sponsor

Now that was a painful stop-out!

(stopped out of the position for a loss at $87.00) We'll have to see now if the new trend down in the dollar will sustain the price of gold going forward.

In other news, we're long RIMM and SHLD, both of which are interesting here.

-shadow

#12     Mar 18, 2009
  3. I picked a bad day to stop sniffing glue.....

Actually, I picked a bad day to go short comex full size gold contracts. I think i went short at about 2pm....was making a tidy little profit, thought gold had broken the key trendline in the 890-900 range....and BOOM

What an expensive 30 minutes...sheesh.

#13     Mar 18, 2009
  4. maybe a little giveback tomorrow morning so you can cover?

#14     Mar 18, 2009
  5. EmmaM

EmmaM

So, based on today's action you were stopped out right?

Emma

#15     Mar 18, 2009
  6. ShadowTrader_08

ShadowTrader_08 ET Sponsor

emma, i said I was stopped out in my last post on page 2 of this thread.

#16     Mar 19, 2009
  7. EmmaM

EmmaM

Ah yes thanks Shadow I see that now.

That's a really tough stop out, an intraday dip through the stop followed quickly by a strong rally closing over previous swing highs. If I were paranoid I would think someone knew where the stops were!

Emma

#17     Mar 19, 2009
  8. AK100

AK100

Just wondering.

The 'Gold bubble' that many people spoke of last month, I assume has ended.

But are we now back in a 'Gold bubble' because the market put in a large one day rally?

And if so will the 'gold bubble' be off again if the market moves lower today :)

#18     Mar 19, 2009
  9. No gold bubble as far as I can see. Not with the US Dollar flopping around like a fish out of water.

#19     Mar 19, 2009