How to tip like a 1 percenter

Discussion in 'Politics' started by turkeyneck, Feb 27, 2012.

1. Well, I'm a rich person... and I always over-tip. 20-25%... I know the wait persons get minimum wage or less.

If you're going out to dinner, you should expect a decent tip as part of the experience. If you're a tightwad, you should stay home and heat up some Spaghetti-Os.

Unless there was a SERIOUS issue about the service, that guy who tipped only 1%... is really just an arrogant ASSHOLE!!

#11     Feb 27, 2012
  2. Brass

Brass

You don't see the irony in your own post, do you? Go have another look at it, and the post you quoted.

#12     Feb 27, 2012
  3. Mayhem

Mayhem

How does a bonus plan specifically discriminate against one employee?

#13     Feb 27, 2012
  4. Bob111

Bob111

i think it depends on how you became rich. and where you been through your life.. i'm not a poor either,but i've been at the bottom and i also tip well. for the reasons i described above.

#14     Feb 27, 2012
  5. It didn't. She was merely an underachiever at best. :mad: :eek: :p

#15     Feb 27, 2012
  6. d08

d08

While I'm against tipping, that "advice" was utterly dumb. Who would serve that supposed banker drinks and food if everyone got a "real job"?

#16     Feb 27, 2012
  7. What would happen if the tip amount was "accidently" keypunched as $133.00 instead of $1.33 and the customer wasn't the wiser for it? :confused: :p :D :) :cool: :eek:

#17     Feb 27, 2012
  8. I had the same results. Blue collar, "fly" black people, old ladies always tipped. The rich people? Pffttttt. pain in the ass.Actually when I worked for rich people, they always pay late. too....

#18     Feb 27, 2012
  9. If you don't tip they'll quit find another job. If they find another job who'll wait on you? If the restauranteur can't keep waiters, he'll have to pay greater wage. Then he'll must pass on costs to you by charging more for that plate.

Do you want to retain some control and choose what you tip;or do you more loss of control over price and forced to pay on the backend?

Your choice, but either way waiters are getting paid.

#19     Feb 27, 2012
  10. I can remember when I first got into the financial services business... While I was waiting for my first check, I could have pooled all of my money... and still could not have afforded a pizza. And that was the SECOND time in my life when I had been "poor as a church mouse"..

Today, college kids run up $HUNDREDS-OF-THOUSANDS in school loans. I was DENIED financial aid... because, "I was a Vietnam War veteran and had the GI Bill" for support.... which in those days was $75/month for a maximum of 36 months.... or the granting of a degree... whichever came first".

I'm rich because of my own efforts.. and IN SPITE of the government being my adversary all along the way.

Is there any wonder why I say.... "FUCK THE WHINERS. FUCK THE "LIFE ISN'T FAIR" PARASITES... "... The world doesn't owe anybody a living. We all are "ENTITLED" to exactly what we earn for ourselves...not a penny more.

:( :(

#20     Feb 27, 2012