How to Tell when a Trend has ended?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by KCalhoun, Jun 6, 2020.

1. padutrader

padutrader

i believe him because he scalps mostly

#31     Jun 9, 2020
  2. padutrader

padutrader

yes

here no one believes what anybody else says.........i believe him because he has disclosed his method and i use his method...

it is there for you to see.
    but it is still up to you.

whether you want to use his experience.... what he has documented...or just say he is a nut case like many others have said ...

like i myself have said ....before i understood what he was saying

i do not think it matters to Brooks

#32     Jun 9, 2020
  3. Well many of the famous traders taught in a vague way. Gann is another one that likes to talk in circles.

They don't give their student's the exact formula that they are using, just the basic framework, but encode or hide the deeper knowledge in a way so that the most studious of their learners can uncover for themselves the secret. He is a Mason after all and is used to delivering methods in esoteric ways.

#33     Jun 10, 2020
    Onra and padutrader like this.
  4. padutrader

padutrader

can you show me anyone who does?

there may be......i have heard that there are some......but i could not find any.

in any case...if you do not think he is genuine...... that he cannot help you.....ignore him.

he has helped me tremendously.

i do believe he is a great trader ..but no one else need to agree.

#34     Jun 10, 2020
  5. padutrader

padutrader

Brooks says the market moves in two legs........that is not vague......

however often it is the market that is vague...........

#35     Jun 10, 2020
  6. padutrader

padutrader

you seem to know abit about him

#36     Jun 10, 2020
  7. I studied a little bit on his methods. But ultimately feel it is too far out there for my liking.

#37     Jun 10, 2020
  8. 1) 1st identify if u are in a trend. If you are in a trend, trade with the trend.

2) 2nd, there is no way to tell before the fact that a trend will break. Obviously some people will try to pick tops, eventually they will be right but hopefully before they lose their entire account.

3) However, there are ways to tell when a trend has in fact broken and then trade with the new trend. If the trend was up, then seeing a LH after a LL. A full candle breaking below a support level. A triangle or trend line break.

4) Note you can have a false breakout if the trend is pretty new that for example will trap someone. It also depends on FA and if the news was really good that made an uptrend. For example, believe it or not Trump beating Biden will move stocks higher. A Biden victory will move stocks lower. This does not mean I support Trump since I just need to right on direction and I don't care if stocks go up or down as long as they do go somewhere that I can follow.

#38     Jun 10, 2020
    yc47ib and birdman like this.
  9. padutrader

padutrader

yes

this works surprisingly well.

you have a move a pull back.. then the move MUST CONTIUNUE.....if the move does not continue then it will move in the opposite direction.

there will be some small moves and that small moves pull backs which will confuse the whole issue but that ..is trading

Last edited: Jun 10, 2020
    #39     Jun 10, 2020
    oraclewizard77 likes this.
  10. padutrader

padutrader

yep

yellow line here is a false breakout....https://www.tradingview.com/x/pHW8MQqK/

sometimes a pull back will continue but only just past the high and then reverse in a failed breakout

#40     Jun 10, 2020
    oraclewizard77 likes this.