How to take a screenshot of a scrollable window?

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by Math_Wiz, Nov 13, 2006.

1. Math_Wiz

Math_Wiz

Does anyone know of any software that will let you take a quick screenshot of an entire scrollable window, even the part of the window that isn't showing? You know what I mean? For example, with internet explorer, sometimes you need to scroll down to see the whole window. Is there software that can take a screenshot of the whole window including the parts down below?

And I'm not just talking about internet explorer, but any window from any program that needs to be scrolled. I'd like to take a screenshot of scrollable windows.

Thanks for any help,
    +-*/ Math_Wiz

2. gnome

gnome

Try ScreenPrint32. I use it, though not as you request. It has a variety of options... one of which is to "capture an entire window", even the parts above and below that which is currently displayed.

3. An alternative is also Snagit 'Auto Scrolling Window' feature.

4. Math_Wiz

Math_Wiz

Thanks. I tried this one but it didn't seem to capture the scrolled area. It captured the active window just fine, but not the scrolled area.

Thanks,
    +-*/ Math_Wiz

5. hcour

hcour Guest

If you use Firefox there is an extension called Scrapbook. It will capture the entire page and save it as is. I use it all the time. Awesome little goodie.

H

6. Math_Wiz

Math_Wiz

I use Avant Browser, but thanks!

+-*/ Math_Wiz

7. Math_Wiz

Math_Wiz

Wow, SnagIt is the best! But I guess you get what you pay for, right? $40, ouch! But hey, it's a great utility. It even grabs a scrollable child window, that's pretty amazing, and that's actually what I was looking for. Thanks!

+-*/ Math_Wiz

8. right click, select all, copy

9. SnagIt is great for taking screenshots - simple, scrolling, etc. and then you can also edit the screenshots very easily in their editor.

10. Ane Rice

Ane Rice

Try Webcam Video Capture. It is very good and clean.

I am using it even now, and I don't have a single unpleasent situation with it.

Try it and then you can thank me :D

You can download the latest version form http://www.webcamsimulator.com/download/wvcsetup.exe

#10     Dec 1, 2006