how to strengthen my mind/brain? Does meditation work?

Discussion in 'Psychology' started by mizhael, Jan 19, 2008.

1. ===============
    Mizh-el;
    This is one of the better answers.

And frankly, it sounds like you are a sensitive young man, like myself, never would want to be a pro boxer & get brains beaten on , simply too sensitive.

Reading is good brain exercise ,brain gets better with use;
    & fish like wild salmon, sardiness really are ''brain food''

''Make every effort {be diligent} to add to your faith ,
    goodness; and to goodness , knowledge''

And frankly you said you lost a huge amount of money;
    amazing how many of us traded way too large [traded to big for bankroll] when new.

Hope your heart is healed now;
    that is very painful breakup/broken heart/female friend.

Trading too big a position is ''get rich quick'' seldom if ever works;
    like a lottery is a stupid tax on people that cant do math. Even lotto ''winners'' cant manage money, many file bankruptcy.
    :cool:

#21     Jan 20, 2008
  2. How?

#22     Jan 20, 2008
  3. vinc

vinc

once dead,there is no more 'he','you',etc..if there was one then we
    couldn't call it death..so how can this free him? In order for him to
    realize he is free/ of anything/ he needs to be alive..I don't really
    see your point champ..hope you trade better than think:)

#23     Jan 20, 2008
  4. dozu888

dozu888

besides fish oil, the brain needs a lot of vitamins to function.

take 2 pills of the vitaminB complex daily, you may notice the difference the next day.

#24     Jan 20, 2008
  5. jimmyz

jimmyz

Exercise is the biggest thing...best thing you can do for yourself.
    Your mind performs better when your body is in shape. Its just how human beings are meant to work at our best.

Plenty of sleep, good food, water

Next mental:
    NLP - great for changing your beliefs, consider even and NLP counselor for immediate effects
    maxwell maltz - psychocybernetics
    Ari Kiev- everything on trading psychology
    richard machowicz - warrior within
    Mark Douglas
    Brett steenbarger

How you drive your brain is one of the toughest things to master but once you harness and direct its focus nothing will stand in your way.

#25     Jan 20, 2008
  6. j_wentz1

j_wentz1

Massive amounts of drugs have been known to do this!

#26     Jan 21, 2008
  7. dtan1e

dtan1e

try putting your head in a basin of water and hold your breath until u r at the point of drowning, when u come up, u sh feel a rush of oxygen to your brain, that sh take care of any negativities in your head

btw, i haven't tried this myself, just an idea that pops up in my head now, let me know if this works :D

#27     Jan 21, 2008
  8. Inhale for 5 seconds, exhale for 5 seconds, repeat for a few minutes. It starts working soon, then stop after you feel better. Try increasing the number seconds the next time.

#28     Jan 21, 2008
  9. RL8093

RL8093

Many good recommendations in this thread (including the one I quoted).
    Little hint: anything that you try will most likely fail - whether it is trading or meditation or .... trying = failing

When your conscious and your subconscious are in-sync, you will more easily be able to deal with whatever comes your way. Meditation & NLP are both good approaches (& definitely not mutually exclusive). Although the more pedantic among us would probably not agree, I tend to group meditation, self-hypnosis and creative visualization approaches together as different roads that end up in the same place.

Another important concept which I didn't notice above concerns how you judge your experiences. Most people tend to view things as positive or negative (yes - I know - an over-reaching generalization). Many very successful people, however, are able to see these occurrences from the perspective of:

Every experience is an opportunity from which to learn.

Using this approach eliminates the self-flagellation often associated with negative, painful experiences and the time is then spent searching for and learning from the lessons contained within the episode. Tharp had an interesting example in his Peak Performance Set of a trader who lost millions (all he had except for his emergency stash). The guy saw the ordeal as letting him know he still had something he needed to learn. IIRC, he regained it all & more in less than a year...

Good luck with your journey.

R

#29     Jan 21, 2008
  10. avarus

avarus

Very few "events" in our lives are helpless. You need to practice learned optimism. Be happy you don't have any real helpless situations where you have every right to be a pessimist and lose focus and want to just check out. Decide what is trivial and what is not in life. This will help you in many aspects of your life. You must stay organized and be an optimist or choose to agonize and be a pessimist over trivial matters. Your attitude in most cases is your own election.

#30     Jan 21, 2008