How To Stop Mass Killings

Discussion in 'Politics' started by AAAintheBeltway, Dec 19, 2012.

1. Lucrum

Lucrum

Fact: There has NEVER EVER been anything even resembling "world peace" including all those thousands of years we were throwing rocks and spears.

#11     Dec 19, 2012
  2. wjk

wjk

We who arm ourselves to defend against those that would harm us are no different than our gov doing the same with it's arsenal and military when you think about it.

People who let the wrong people have guns or allow them to have access to them are not unlike those in gov who allow guns into the wrong hands. Both should be severely punished.

F and F resulted in children dying too, but we don't hear much about that, do we? What say you anti gunners on that one?
    Publix? Anyone?

#12     Dec 19, 2012
  3. No offense, but I doubt your knowledge of your own history going back to your days in college is very sharp(if you ever attended). Are we to believe your authoritative world history going back countless eons is flawless?

#13     Dec 19, 2012
  4. Lucrum

Lucrum

Oh not eons, just recorded history. So tell me, what time period has there been anything even resembling "world peace"? I'm curious.

#14     Dec 19, 2012
  5. I can't say. I wouldn't be surprised to learn it's happened, even if only for a brief moment.

Regardless, disarmament today wouldn't bring world peace to the past.

I know it sounds like a foolish pipe dream, but I don't want to think it's impossible, even if it is.

I have guns. I'd let them go too, if I knew everyone else would agree to. I don't obsess over them the way many on here seem to. I may be off kilter, but it seems like the first feeling that many had after hearing of the shootings, was fear that their guns would be taken away.

I think the most important topic America and the world should be talking about is Compassion. It just might be possible that if someone had shown this kid the right amount at the right times, this whole thing might have been avoided.

I don't believe guns are the problem. The problem is that guns make some people feel empowered after a lifetime of living amongst others who have either unknowingly or deliberately made them feel worthless.

#15     Dec 19, 2012
  6. pspr

pspr

Sorry wjk. The lefties run hard and fast from any factual discussion. You'll notice that they play fast and loose with data and very rarely provide a supporting link to their ridiculous claims.

#16     Dec 19, 2012
  7. You mean cold hard facts like:The act of Jamie Foxx expressing his feelings that he lives in a racist world being proof that all black people are racist?

http://www.elitetrader.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=255195

#17     Dec 19, 2012
  8. Max E.

Max E.

How To Stop Mass Killings
    <embed src="http://www.ebaumsworld.com/player.swf" allowScriptAccess="always" flashvars="id1=82969791" wmode="opaque" width="567" height="345" allowfullscreen="true" />

#18     Dec 19, 2012
  9. Lucrum

Lucrum

So...IOW you just pulled that statement out of your ass?

Nope, but then I don't think it's going to bring world peace to the future either. I don't need a weapon to disagree hate or fight.

#19     Dec 19, 2012
  10. wjk

wjk

I was pointing out the double standard, and the silence was the answer I expected. Gov is God to many on the left. The gov kills children with F and F, drone attacks, and other actions but yet there is no outcry and demand for change from the left if the perpetrator is left of center, but when a mentally ill citizen goes off the deep end we are all to be held responsible somehow and required to make sacrifice for the greater good.

Speaking of God, or the lack of him in our society these days, where is FT on this issue?

#20     Dec 19, 2012