How to Start TWS from its JTS folder...

Discussion in 'Retail Brokers' started by risktaker, May 15, 2009.

1. Nexen

Nexen

Glad to hear you are comfortable with your software, wish I shared your sentiment.

#11     May 16, 2009
  2. Then you might start by taking the jts directory and adding javaw.exe to it and see what happens when you execute a variation of the command line on a pc without java installed (or maybe a different version ... perhaps it doesnt matter ... a java person might know).

#12     May 16, 2009
  3. I'm not familiar with this tool, and it may well be 100% reliable, but I'd be careful using it on a trading platform.

IB would not be liable if TWS went beserk if run this way. Not sure they would know, but you would.

#13     May 16, 2009
  4. #14     May 16, 2009
  5. BeeRy

BeeRy

Is there a way to use this to run TWS from a USB key on any computer?
    I'm thinking that if the USB key contained all the files needed it could work but you also need to change the target addresses. Anyone figured this out?

#15     May 8, 2010
  6. If you mean on any Windows computer then yes, either jsmooth or jexepack should be able to create an executable that has all the files self contained so it will run off a USB drive by just double-clicking on it. You don't have to worry about the target address because it references everything off the directory of the executable.

If you are talking about running on ANY computer (Mac/Windows/Linux) then even that is possible running a jar file which does the same thing as jsmooth or jexepack. On Windows you can launch JAR files by just double-clicking on it and on most other platforms you can right-click and choose "Launch using Java.bin" or some such. I wrote a tool which is a jar file which I run to simplify deploying TWS and bot software to a variety of servers which does most of what this magical jar file would need to do. If this is what you want let me know. Such a "universal launcher" would be a fun little project, the java-geek that I am. :)

#16     May 8, 2010
  7. I was running TWS on a USB stick (encrypted) a few months back and it ran fine. But Java was installed on the pc hard disk.

I haven't tried without java installed on the hard drive.

#17     May 8, 2010
  8. Milcodek

Milcodek

Hello,

I want to use JSmooth to run TWS from a USB stick.

In the section ´Application´ I have to edit the Main Class field to specify the class used as entry point of the program.

Where can I find this Main Class. I selceted jts.jar but I don´t know which one to select.

Kind regards,

Milco de Kruijter

#18     Oct 11, 2010