How to spot a shyster from a mile away

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by themickey, Mar 24, 2017.

1. themickey

themickey

Shysters / huxsters / con artists all have one thing in common.
    When they talk, they come over as the nicest guy on the planet.

Let me give you an example:

"Hello fellow traders.
    I'm back again on ET forum and I'm soooooo excited.
    I haven't traveled the waters of ET for a few years and was away for many. I must say that poster 'scratchmybum' is by far one of the most transparent, humble and eager trader I've come across here. S/he is a testament of why I came back to ET.
    I've been doing this trading for a bit, but it's people like you that made me come back. I "love" the positive energy of traders like you.

Also poster 'Bonedead'. I believe we've crossed paths over the years, maybe not.
    What's your real name? CRD# if you have one?
    Respectfully RAMYBOTTOM (not a moniker, a real face and person here)

Anyway we can chat later, would luuuuv to show you my new trading system which has a 99% win rate. As everyone is soooo nice, just ask and I'll bend over backwards to share my secrets.
    I await your response, with bells!
    Peace... RAMYBOTTOM...Jai Ramybottom
    Who am I? Google me...
    Thanks in advance!

Keep sharing! Thank you!"

Van_der_Voort_4 and Zzzz1 like this.
  2. Zzzz1

Zzzz1

Thanks, I was unaware that misogyny, bigotry, racism and hatred on P&R forums is wanted and welcome but was unaware that the term "dick" gets me banned from other threads. Lol. This website is getting more comical by the week.

Its like allowing people to call others Nigger in Jeff Sessions home turf but getting arrested for saying the same in New York. (not that I would ever condone using such term or racism in general). But it's hilarious how Magna and Baron take no issue with some of the worst racism and fake news on their website in thread A for the purpose to drive traffic but get all sensitive for terms lick dick in thread B. Hypocritical to the @bone :D

themickey likes this.
  3. themickey

themickey

Yup, i noticed a whole bunch of your posts disappear into the ether.
    Mind you, so did some of ramadamadingdongs as well.
    :)

4. sle

sle

I certainly hope that I come across as a nice guy - does that mean I am a scam artist? :)

vanzandt likes this.
  5. I respectfully agree and i would also add plonkers to your description

How to spot plonkers?

Self centered, persistent with their trivia questions to spam OP thread who in his nick displays place of origin that is not only on different continent but also from different language and culture.

"I shoveled $hit in Louisiana."

Last edited: Apr 8, 2017