How to spot a bogus guru

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by jem, Mar 27, 2007.

1. <i>"We are waiting for your report, austinp...."</i>

Virgin, you'll wait until hell freezes over. Read the chatlog again... I have it archived, too. Your posts came at 4:00am est and had nothing to do with trading inside the room when everyone was there. No one else was in but you.

Nice try on a sham joint-trading event. Thanks for wasting my time.

BTW... congrats on actually posting a trade blotter. That was the true purpose of our presence to begin with... seeing at least one of those in ET to prove you do trade. Mission accomplished

:cool:

#51     Mar 29, 2007
  2. virgin

virgin

Are my trades not valid because no other person was there ? :eek:

Gee, what an argument

I posted during US hours this ;

" virgin (Mar 28, 2007 11:12:59 AM)
    for the record ; I already took a trade during european hours ; +23 pips on 10 GBP/USD 2300 $ --> see trade log"

Don't worry, I will post trades during European AND US hours.

More to come from me.

austinp ;"Virgin, you'll wait until hell freezes over"

Hadn't expected otherwise from someone who doesn't keep his word :

http://www.elitetrader.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=90490

#52     Mar 29, 2007
  3. <b>virgin</b>, I won't give you the satisfaction of what you seek, easy as that would be. I'm all done having my strings tugged by a troll like you. Your opinions about anything and your very existence mean nothing to me.

God bless you, and take care

#53     Mar 29, 2007
  4. Jon Frum

Jon Frum

Didn't you make some calls in there too ? :D

#54     Mar 29, 2007
  5. Those were distnctly NOT the rules of the competition.

austinp please stop feeding the troll.

If you don't, then that's on you, I'm way past done with this particular shit-stirrer.

Jimmy Jam

#55     Mar 29, 2007
  6. <i>"Yeah, but I wasn't part of the competition smarty pants."</i>

I ask again: "What competition?"

In another thread I noted that virgin had never once posted a trade blotter inside ET. He in turn invited me into the chatroom to trade together. He traded FX while I slept, he slept while I traded eminis.

He posted one trade that appears profitable, took a couple of others unposted with unknown results. I posted unprofitable trades, and did not post others that subsequently performed.

To me it was like going out with a buddy and drinking in two different bars across the street from one another. What's the point?

This morning I've taken one trade: short from the marks noted below, holding for the daily pivot point magnets which went untouched yesterday. I'll exit there or below on tight trailed stops and call it a day.

I wish <b>virgin</b> all the best and nothing less, hope he enjoyed an even better trading session today than yesterday.

Have a great one! (unsubscribed to thread)

#56     Mar 29, 2007
  7. Ok...here's the summary of this trade event:

* One trader dares another to show up while viewing it as not a challenge.

* Both did not agree upon a specific time nor trading instrument.

One trades Forex and the other trades the Emini Futures.

* Both traders posted at least one trade.

Of the trades posted...one trader is profitable while the other trader is not.

* Both traders have now posted their P/L statements.

For the record, I was under the impression that both would post their live calls in front of each other or in front of others...

If not...you guys could have shown up on separate trading days.

Right???

My point, I've been posting trades online in a chat room (not ET) since 1996 (different places over the years).

I know for fact, posting trades when someone is not there is a lot different then posting trades in front of a group of traders.

The stress of such is much different and can change how you normally manage your trades.

With that said, can someone please explain how this resolves the big debate about Jack Hershey or Puretick???

Now...getting back to the obvious challenge.

What now guys, meet at the corner for a fist fight now that you've both shown you do trade via making a live call and posting a blotter.

I'm not being funny about the above comment because such has happen twice here at ET between members in that to settle the argument about something else and after they proved they both are traders...

It finally came down to a fist fight to resolve the challenge or demonstration (call it whatever you desire).

However, in the final solution (fist fight)...someone actually didn't show up and I'm glad for such.

Can't imagine someone going to jail for assault/battery over crap like this.

P.S. I'm bored and don't feel like trading today. Had a bad day with the spouse and have learned its not a good day to trade when such happens...best to not open the broker platform.

Mark

#57     Mar 29, 2007
  8. austin has a view of the PVT and SCT trading and moreso the fact that posting is done in various threads ....

virgin has a view about the efficacy of the performance levels of PVT and SCT.....

Both are more or less focus on things that are really other than the methods.

austin would rather not have answers posted at all and especially where the questions are raised. He is making this point more or less repeatedly wherever he thinks it is wise to make the point.

Virgin has honed his/her message, over time, to just the consideration of a matter of four or five facets. There is a requirement that has not been met, so to speak, that would put to rest her issues. It has been echoed by others ever since a series of proffs were taken care of that dealt with the these facets. Now at this time, the PVT and SCT stuff on the beginner and intermediate level are being done by many people on many exchanges all over thee world. So now many others, as well, are are doing their performances as it relates to these facets. By the end of 2007 the PVT and SCT will be at the expert levels and there may be a single platform for doing the trading.

austin, recently, proposed a killer question. for a while no one, not even the usual suspects have offered the answer. Were I to address it, I'm sure he would respond with the notion that I'm doing what bighog and he surely and carefully comment upon.

So virgin needed to deal with austin for reasons such as the fist fight precipitators. It may just be macho all over again.

Not many people here have gone through the restraint of having their hands classified as lethal weapons; for sure it changes the way you look at things. A lot of people here have not gone through the shopping center/deep pockets game either. Anyone's corporate lawyer makes damn sure these bases are covered in spades. Here in ET, there are many games played. I like very dry humor and it is easy to assure a response will be tumbling out of the hopper from what ever hopper is tapped for the desired response.

For me I know how 2007 ends and how things will be handled as we get there. I've been monitoring a lot of people for a long time and I am catching on to what can be provided as really great support and comfort to get the job done that they are doing. When a tranference system is being built it takes a lot of considerations, especially if their are some additional benefits that can be inclused along the way.

The greatest benefits we are seeing now is that a lot of interaction is going on that clarifies how the learning is taking place.

So austin's Q does get answered by example instead of just pointing out the key aspects and how each these are resolved.

Nothing virgin or austin can do or are capable of solves any of the debating going on here.

The debate is resolved by giving to the demanders what these debators demand as a requirement. They have initial demands that will be followed by the next demand in the series, etc.. The whole series has been repeated several times in various places over the years. It always turns out the same way. Some demanders adjust to the situation once we provided what they requested and became rich; others figure out that they have to suffer the consequences of their past activities and they can't do the trading as we suggest even though their demands were met.

In this playout, it can be seen from the trades of austin and virgin that neither of them will be able to do PVT or SCT. They have made individual spaces to operate in whereby those spaces are mutually exclusive of the PVT/SCT template space. They will figure this out sometime after 2007 ends. They represent, generally, how it turns out for the people who have joined together as group that is proving to itself that PVT/SCT is not for them.

So there is an answer to austin's killer Q that applies to all learning endeavors and one caveat is that people close the opportunities to learn various different approaches by simply creating consequences that close doors forever on those particular approaches.

#58     Apr 6, 2007
  9. MarkBrown

MarkBrown

10. Brandonf

Brandonf Sponsor

You dont know what the hell your talking about. When I was a vendor I'd have loved to have charged a percentage of the profits on my calls, but unfortunatly 99% Of the people who subscribe do not have the discipline to follow the trades. Probably not by coincidence the majority of them lack the discipline to do their own work too, which is a major reason they subscribe to a service to do it for them. Then when they fail they can blame someone else for their own failings. Thats my take.

#60     Apr 7, 2007