How to spend 115million

Discussion in 'Trading' started by never lose ever, Aug 24, 2010.

1. On one of those "I won the lotto and it ruined my life" shows.... One guy said he spent his last $20 on lotto pics and said a little prayer, something like "Come on Lord, I really need this"... LOL.

My favorite lotto story happened here in the Denver area.... some 25 year old chick baked a cake for her boy friend. He said he wouldn't eat it unless it had frosting. So, she hustled off to the Quick-E Mart to buy some frosting.. happened to pick up a lotto pick and hit for something like $26 Million... then, she dumped his ass. LOL! Karma.

#11     Aug 24, 2010
  2. Daal

Daal

Diversify in inflation linked government bonds of different countries. Yes you take FX risk but thats the cost of safety. All you eggs in the USD basket is too risky
    As far as return figures, it depends on inflation, but it should more or less keep the wealth constant or declining a bit every year
    One can put some 10-20% on commodities for further protection as well but there are risks involved

#12     Aug 24, 2010
  3. exaltedangel09

exaltedangel09 Guest

hahahahahahaha

#13     Aug 24, 2010
  4. r-in

r-in

Probably 3 or 4 airplanes, a few motorccycles, cars, and I suppose I'd cave in to the wife and get her a remodeled kitchen, and master bath. Bank a few million, and set up a foundation with a bunch and give money away.
    I still dream of making enough trading to retire and set up a foundation to give money away and make that my new job.

#14     Aug 24, 2010
  5. Uhh that's what your hypothetical accounting firm and wealth managers are for, and I am not talking about the retail guy you golf with a couple times a year. A few more doors open with that kind of money, not nearly all though.

#15     Aug 24, 2010
  6. pspr

pspr

Who makes a cake without frosting? You're saying she was just going to give him a plain cake with no frosting?

#16     Aug 24, 2010
  7. gobar

gobar

i have Million dollar solution.. price is million dollar :D

#17     Aug 24, 2010
  8. Mav88

Mav88

hypothetically I'd have a billion and supermodels draped all over me, gee can someone help me with my dilemma of how to manage that?

#18     Aug 24, 2010
  9. Pekelo

Pekelo

We understood the hypothetical part, we just didn't get why exactly 115 million? 100 wouldn't be a problem? :)

#19     Aug 24, 2010
  10. Don't remember what kind of cake it was... perhaps one which traditionally doesn't have frosting... ??

#20     Aug 24, 2010