how to spam&market on ET and get away with it.

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by TraderZones, Apr 7, 2009.

1. Brandonf

Brandonf Sponsor

You win, congrats. I'm gone.

Until the regular members of the site decide it's worth chasing people like you off I suspect more long term members such as I myself will be leaving too, chased off by you and your kind.

#41     Apr 19, 2009
  2. Your definition of "you and your kind" boils down to you hope that regular ET people chase off others who fight against spammers???

let's try requoting you again just from 2 mentioned in this thread:

under careertrader --> oneline mentor (from BRANDONF): "I think that Bo Yoder has been considering doing something like your talking about, but we'd want to get a group of 15/20 people and it would probably be a $2000/$3000 program. It takes a lot of time/effort on his part to do it, and a lot of time/effort on my part also to put together the material to sell it."

""I've had over 100 people on ET get in touch with me wanting to start sites and have me do the marketing for them. The majority do not have ideas that are worth marketing, but even of those who do there is no way I can work with them all even if I wanted too"

Until the relentless publicity seekers, spammers and self-promoters on this site, like you, decide to actually cough up the sponsorship fee and stop acting like a wounded teddy bear, you will get no sympathy. You are unhappy because people want you to stop being misusing the site for your own promotional purposes?

You will be back. You cannot afford to lose the attention and free publicity. Question is, whether you will use the same or another alias.

#42     Apr 20, 2009
  3. lindq

lindq

You keep promising to go.

Well GO for God's sake.

Welcome to my ignore list.

#43     Apr 20, 2009
  4. Let's see how many days it takes until Brandon cannot stand it any more, and has to come back to either:

--- Self-promote
    --- Justify his previous self-promotions
    --- Complain about others who complained about his self-promotions
    --- Appeal to his loyal internet-business-wannabes to carry on his self-promotional torch...

LAST POST WAS APRIL 20

My guess is he returns as alias:
    "InternetMarketingGuy" or
    "ItAintSpammingIfBaronDoesntDeleteIt" or
    "WhatYouNeedtoKnowFromBrandonF" or
    "DontCryForMeAngelina" or
    "GodLookAtThePusFromMyLatestWoundNow!!!"
    :D

#44     Apr 21, 2009
  5. mxjones

mxjones

What makes you think he doesn't already have an alias, and isn't already here? He probably has several and will tip his hand in the future.

I never had a problem with Brandon. I didn't follow him, but didn't dislike him. I knew he was once a sponsor and "guru" so to speak, and I tend to shy away from them. But I didn't have any issue with him.

That is, until the "Internet Marketing" threads. It was obvious he was using ET to try and build a business/solicit business, and I was dismayed that he was allowed to do so. First, this is a trading website, not a site on how to get rich quick by setting up 100s of websites selling crap. I am sure there are forums for that on the Internet, which is where he should go. And the last thread was just so over the top and blatant in its mission to get business (I want to say "suckers", but I digress).

The bottom-line is if he was a successful trader he would be trading. I would not even have a problem if he had a TRADING website or blog. But he would not have time for the other crap. Which is what it is...just another "get rich quick" scheme. You might as well go do MLM or some other scam. But keep it off ET.

I think whatever reputation he had as a TRADER has been shot. Anyone that takes him seriously in that respect is misguided. But I hate to wish ill will on anyone, so I will close by saying I hope he finds success and what he is looking for in life.

#45     Apr 21, 2009
  6. I agree. It wasn't Brandon personally, and not so much the misuse of ET for his own publicity sake. It was his constant denials that he was spamming that were especially irritating. That he was somehow "being harrassed by all these bad trolls" when all he was doing was "helping others."

I cannot fathom why so many people considered Brandon as some kind of "helper" or 'wonderful person'. His sole focus was building his brand and grabbing publicity.

At the end, I was even wondering whether the entire "dying of cancer" was an elaborate hoax. He certainly milked it for a lot of sympathy, attention and publicity.

But I was most angry that Baron and Elitetrader let him get away with it so long. It was about the most unprofessional thing I have seen since I came here. "No spamming, unless you are person X, Y or Z..."

Either enforce the danged TOS or not. Don't turn a blind eye towards it for some people. It makes ET look like a circus instead of a serious professional company. Approaching the Jack Hershey sideshow in annoyance. And allowing hyperannoying sponsors such as Timothy Sykes and several others to linger on for months. ET will exchange $10,000's of reputation for a few $$$ hundred in idiot sponsorships.

*sigh* Does ET want to be the major internet trading destination that serious or aspiring traders seek out, or do they want to appear like ET was some high school kid's summer project to make $$$ for college where anything goes???

#46     Apr 21, 2009
    #47     Apr 21, 2009
  8. I'm sorry, I cannot help it. Just one more retort before I click outta here for awhile myself.

<b>rcanfield > traderzones</b>, you have spent 95% of your gazillion posts denigrating traders in particular and trading in general as a failed folly, a fool's game. Why in the world someone with such a strong belief of failure, has such a mental defect that addicts him to a topic he believes is valid as new photos of Bigfoot mating with the Loch Ness monster, is way behind anyone's logical comprehension.

You've posted 1,000 times that trading is futile and traders are stupid for even holding out hope. It's all there in your posting records of two known monikers. Now you're defending ET's posturing as a destination for people who by your very condemnation stupidly chase a fool's folly that it is?

Honest to God, you make cold >c-kid et all x100 recent names seem well-adjusted. My advice to you is seek help with your compulsive addiction to an anonymous, public message board. Buy a pet. Meet a woman somewhere. Do something for yourself. If this is all the life you have, you are hands down the most pitiful person who haunts this board.

I've lost all desire to associate myself with what's left of this forum. The hypocrisy of fools tips an overloaded camel too far. Congrats on your excellent policing of ET... you're doing a great job of sweeping people away.

Gone

#48     Apr 21, 2009
  9. I don't think rcanfiel (a.k.a. TraderZones) has a clue about professionalism.

He's on record for being a spammer that had his journal edited by a moderator that removed his spam along with the moderator posting a warning message.

rcanfiel reacts to what ET management did in his journal by never posting in his journal again and then going on a anti-spam campaign like Hell-Boy to search for those that are spamming themselves.

Simply, he wants to ensure that if he can't spam...

Nobody else should be allow to do such.

That's cool but that other baggage he brings with it is not cool.

What's not cool is his denial of his own spamming habits and then cover up via casually stating he would have shared his earnings from the spam with Baron...

Long after his posts have been either edited or deleted by ET management...long after members started complaining or laughing at him while he was spamming.

Here's an analogy...

Now pretend that Brandonf returns and saids that he would have shared with Baron any earnings he would have received.

Does that make his marketing of his consultation services as a non-sponsor about how to run a online business ok ???

Well...in theory via rcanfiels (a.k.a. TraderZones) arguments or excuses...

It's ok even though ET management never agree to such an arrangement along with them showing their disapproval via editing, deleting and warning rcanfiel (a.k.a. TraderZones) about his own spamming.

Imagine every spammer in the world showing up at ET...spam their services and then later announces (defends what they did) their actions is ok (should be acceptable) because they "would have" shared their earnings with ET management. :D

In addition, rcanfiel's (a.k.a. TraderZones) personal attacks mixed in with his legitimate complaints towards sponsors and non-sponsors is childish at best.

With that said, ET management is hurting now for moderators via their recent announcement asking for anyone to volunteer their time & energy to moderate this place.

rcanfiel (a.k.a. TraderZones) is highly qualified for such a position...

He's already a known hypocrite, regularly logs in to look for spammers, excellent at not acknowledging his own past statements and is own record for attacking many of ET's paying sponsors.

How many potential sponsors (dollars for Baron) has this rcanfiel character scared away with his tactics???

I say the above seriously because there were 2 particular members doing similar like in the past prior to them being allowed to become moderators although they didn't own a fee-base website...

A website rcanfiel denied for awhile after spamming it...later acknowledging it's existence but said he wasn't taking clients even though the payment links remained...later denying the website existence when he became known as TraderZones and then recently mentioning he knows what he's talking about via having owned such a website.

Confusing the least when a clown like rcanfiel (a.k.a. TraderZones) thinks this place looks like a circus while forgetting he intentionally puts himself under the big light.

rcanfiel...please get professional help because something is wrong with you (seriously).

Shame on ET management allowing rcanfiel (a.k.a. TraderZones) to remain a member after his several spam postings in the past...

While banning others for doing the exact same thing although I give ET some credit via the fact that they edited, deleted some of his spam.

P.S. If you want to see a real circus instead of watching rcanfiel's (a.k.a. TraderZones) show...check out the videos.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eP6AJXprOXc

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TJNDPNIJDQY

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=noXiNRYb8DE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w5TwXmFAXO4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q5RTNnJletw

I've been to many of their shows and would have gladly paid twice as much.

My last message in this thread!!!

M.A. Perry

#49     Apr 21, 2009
  10. DHOHHI

DHOHHI

Oh wow, is this YOUR web site? Are you the enforcer here?

Actually this is a trading web site. Have you ever traded? Or do you just post all day?

I've never seen more worthless posts here than from you in your 1 year (under this alias) tenure. 3000+ posts in a year -- LOL.

FWIW Brandon had a LOT more to offer ET than you ever will. I don't know him but from reading each of your respective posts it's a no brainer as to who has some understanding of trading and who's an attention seeker.

#50     Apr 21, 2009