How to shield assets from frivolous lawsuit, women, etc?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by a529612, May 18, 2007.

1. "The simplest way is just get a large insurance policy with umbrella coverage"

I'd like to add re insurance, I was refering to something along the lines other than a simple liability policy when seekin out insurance policy options. Gee's I hated paying premiums on liability ins.

#11     May 20, 2007
  2. maxpi

maxpi

The large insurance policy will be a lawsuit magnet, no? In the case of a car accident the attornies will rarely go for anything but insurance money, that is where the deep pockets are and it can be very difficult to collect from the assetts of a private party.

When the Ca. governor before Schwarzenegger [man, when these democrats blow up a large economy and go out of office they get forgotten, do they not? I live in Ca and have not seen the guy's name in print for a long, long time, I can't even recall it right now]..... anyhow, personal revelations about politics aside... the Ca governorment changed some tax rules to make it difficult to sell real estate and leave the state. A friend of mine was moving an apartment building to a new escrow account every couple of months to keep from paying the taxes at one point!!

If you receive money in a trust, you can keep the trust going for ever. It's a pain maybe, you have to have tax accountability for the trust. I don't know if you can get money out of the trust easily however.

#12     May 20, 2007
  3. Some ideas -

Young guys should look at disability insurance - 2, maybe 3k, a month - just so you have something if disaster strikes.

Prenup, too.

Get umbrella coverage which sits on top of existing liability insurances. At around 100 - 150$ per million, it's dirt cheap.

Liability insurance is not a magnet compared to the alternative of not having enough. Also, remember that it includes uninsured/underinsured coverage which means that if you get wiped out by some yahoo with minimum limits or no insurance, you can collect under your own policy up to its limits.

#13     May 20, 2007
  4. ssss

ssss

Gentlemen

Divide asset on 100 parts and put in 100 different place's

on the earth . (! not in your garden)

If you will secure against currency depreciation buy 1000 euro and 1350 $ for each part. After one year would approx the same .

If you will secure against 3 world war ,buy backet with gold ,wheat ,meat, pharm &

You respectfully

#14     May 20, 2007