How to set a headless service using IB API?

Discussion in 'Interactive Brokers' started by Leon Qiu, Aug 17, 2019.

1. d08

d08

You can always opt-out of 2FA if you're not with IBHK. 2FA is only required for banking-enabled accounts. Purely trading accounts can do without.

#11     Aug 18, 2019
  2. d08

d08

I've yet to have any issues with IBC, if it works then it works reliably.

#12     Aug 18, 2019
  3. Yes, I know. I do opt-out of 2FA in those cases where I won't have access to my computer during the weekend when I have to perform the login.
    I was hoping that @nooby_mcnoob 's reply implied that it would be possible to do the 2FA verification purely on the mobile phone. In that case it would work for me when I have no access to the computer. But alas, that's not the case. I don't want to give the computer access to the internet through VNC and try to do it remotely, which is why I disable 2FA on cases when I have no access to it.
    Of course, once I get back home I re-enable 2FA again as I do like the extra "sense of security" that 2FA offers.

#13     Aug 18, 2019
  4. Just fyi all access is through ssh and port forwarding.

Edit: so I can do vnc localhost::5901 and it connects to the VNC server through the SSH connection. I have this set up on my desktop and phone.

Last edited: Aug 18, 2019
    #14     Aug 18, 2019
  5. Oh sure, my comment is not about the quality or reliability of IBC. It's just another layer of complexity that I feel is unwarranted for me. Since I can connect through VNC+SSH through my phone at any time to authenticate, what is really important is how reliable IB TWS/Gateway are, and since they instituted the autorestart, I have found them to be reliable.

#15     Aug 18, 2019
  6. Ryan81

Ryan81

I use IBController. I was able to get 2FA working by using the IB Key method on my Android phone. I had to copy/paste the "2ndFactor=" line from my C:\Jts\jts.ini file on my desktop/workstation into the jts.ini under the "[Communication]" section, on my cloud sever where I run IBGW.

#16     Aug 18, 2019
  7. Leon Qiu

Leon Qiu

2FA is essential for my account, but this is my first time to hear the purely trading account and banking-enabled account, how can I disable 2FA for a purely trading account or paper account ?

#17     Aug 18, 2019
  8. d08

d08

Why would a paper account need 2FA anyway? For real accounts it's in the account settings if I recall correctly.

#18     Aug 18, 2019
  9. This is correct. You have there two choices: either you always need 2FA, or you only need 2FA when you want to log on to account management at the website. The latter option means that you don’t need 2FA if you start TWS or Gateway.

#19     Aug 18, 2019
  10. Leon Qiu

Leon Qiu

I am estimating this solution, may I know the minimal requirements and recommended requirements to deploy this docker image?

#20     Aug 19, 2019