How to Send a Private Message?

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by Illini Trader, Mar 25, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. How do you send a PM to someone. I have received them and responded buy I can not find where to initiate one. Thanks

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 25, 2017
  2. Baron

Baron ET Founder

The simplest way is to just click on a person's username and then click on "Start a Private Thread".

777 and CBC like this.
  3. trevizano

trevizano

This option doesn't appear to me. Is it because I just recently registered?

4. maerne

maerne

Same problem here. Does it have to do with my posts number? or maybe since when I'm registered?

5. Baron

Baron ET Founder

You need a handful of public posts on the forums before your account qualifies to use the private thread feature.

6. maerne

maerne

Hm, ok. Thanks

7. piezoe

piezoe

Baron, you're getting better looking as you age. More of a roguish raconteur look I would say. You'll soon be able to do those "Most Interesting Man in the World," Ads.

zdreg, Xela and Baron like this.
  8. Dino

Dino

How many post do you have to make before you are allowed to pm?

9. Baron

Baron ET Founder

It's a reasonable amount but it varies randomly. Sometimes it's only 2. Sometimes it could be 15.

10. Xela

Xela

You're maybe lucky Baron's the person in charge, and not me: seeing some of your two-word posts (doubtless attempting to inflate your post-count to be able to send members private threads) might make me disable your private thread facility before you even get started. "Just saying" ... [​IMG]

#10     Jan 11, 2018
    zdreg and murray t turtle like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.