How to sell your system

Discussion in 'Strategy Building' started by QUANTUM_QUANT, Sep 13, 2007.

1. YES.

#41     Sep 18, 2007
  2. Still waiting...

M

#42     Sep 18, 2007
  3. I was thinking. So, I will send you the audited track record that is signed by PWH. And then what? What will happen next? So you will be able to tell the ET that I indeed have a record? How would it help me? And who do you think you are and what authority do you have to be a judge? Why the others should believe you? How does it remove the necessity for other people to verify it for them selves. On another hand, I could openly publish the report, but then just by looking at my trades over the past 3 years one could make either right or wrong conclusion about my trading. So I will not be in a better position than I am right now. And the last question. If I show you my track record what kind of a commitment you are ready to make? Do you have the money to trade? Do you have a skill to trade the system? Show me your records first and then I will consider whether I want to get into relationship with you or not. Who do you think you are dealing with? I am not a kid to play the chit-chat games. So get off the high horse and close that 1 contract position of yours before the FED announcement because you are about to lose the whole 100 bucks on it. :D

#43     Sep 18, 2007
  4. Bluff successfully called.

Don't worry. I'm not offended by your transparent effort to attack me and none of our readers is fooled by it either. You have shown your true colors. Insulting the caller of your bluff is standard operating procedure for a person of your obvious experience, credentials, and class.

Happy "Trading"!
    M

#44     Sep 18, 2007
  5. hello.

what is the minimum capital to properly operate your system, qq?

thanks,

surfer

#45     Sep 18, 2007

6. +1 :D

#46     Sep 18, 2007
  7. Your answer was what it does not do...(many items)

I guess, you are an opaque person. I have some colleagues who are secretive and I just do not deal with them...

Life is too short. I think, no body will pay good money for a system that is so opaque.

Publish your track record in this area on a quarterly basis against SPY and standard deviations...

Otherwise, it is moot discussion that you are trying to conduct.

Please do something more productive....

#47     Sep 19, 2007
  8. Get a website and see whom drops in.

If you have a website, I'm curious to see how your marketing yourself.

Thus, if there if you have a site, send me the link via pm and I can take a look to see what your doing with your website that may be preventing you from getting serious interests.

Having disabilities is not something to be ashamed about and such should have been mentioned (explained) in your first sentence about why your unable to trade for yourself.

My point is that being straight forward in the beginning (instead of waiting after a debate occurs) can prevent a few walls from developing.

Last of all, I notice a particular tone to some of your replies in this thread to others.

I can't put my finger on it but it my first impression was to look elsewhere after reading a few of your replies to others.

It's almost abrasive.

Mark

#48     Sep 19, 2007
  9. virgin

virgin

NihabaAshi,

Based on my 7 years experience here at ET, I smell *snif*snif* ; hmmm....

Someone who can do 10 % a month with 1 % drawdown , doesn't have the displayed attitude !

#49     Sep 19, 2007
  10. I do know that track records is one of the easiest things to produce.

It doesn't need to be your own record for whatever reasons because I've seen a few vendors use the track records of clients using their systems.

I myself would prefer the latter (track record of a client using the system) for obvious reasons.

Anyways, he did mention he tried stuff like collective2 and I'm going to assume he at least saved images or proof of his results when he used third party verification sites.

If not, he is underestimating what potential clients want to see regardless if he agrees with their verification requests or not.

Mark

#50     Sep 19, 2007