How to sell your system

Discussion in 'Strategy Building' started by QUANTUM_QUANT, Sep 13, 2007.

1. Who said that my system is static and/or optimized. You see, you immediately jumped to conclusion without even assuming that you might be wrong.

#31     Sep 17, 2007
  2. Yes, that very thought had occurred to me after reading your posts, although probably not in the same sense that you mean. :D

Before you go getting all up in arms, I wasn't laughing at you. I was laughing at what you said. There's a big difference and you'd better get used to it.

M

#32     Sep 17, 2007
  3. Why would I want to entertain the system that is not making money? It makes no sense to me.

#33     Sep 17, 2007
  4. I understand the sarcasm, not to worry. Do you accept the possibility that you might be wrong?

#34     Sep 17, 2007
  5. Yes, I do. I eagerly await receipt of the trading records showing your claimed 10% per month return and 1% drawdown that prove me wrong. Until then, you'll remain nothing more than a source of comic relief.

M

#35     Sep 17, 2007
  6. Where do you want me to send the records?

#36     Sep 17, 2007
  7. quantum_quant@nextdsystems.com

M

#37     Sep 17, 2007
  8. I unerstand your desire not to share the specifics of your system...

But, you can say how it works in very generic terms...

Like I buy stocks that are undervalued in a sector that is behaving well.

Or short stocks in Home builders, as recession or prolonged negative news will
    persist...

Please honestly explain your system...

I am not interested in stealing it, as I am not good at developing software and screens...

:confused:

#38     Sep 17, 2007
  9. Alright.
    Instead of telling you "how it works" I will tell you what does it not do. This way you could judge for your self what kind of a system it is.

It does not trade straight stocks, futures or currencies trying to guess the direction of the markets.

It does not trade naked Options trying to guess the upcoming Volatility swings.

The trading pattern is not based on any of the Technical Analisys mambo-jumbo, it does not look for "patterns" in the price chart nor it looks for any volume/open interest numbers etc.

It does not take under consideration any news, fundamentals or any other bullshit that could be considered as a clue to an upcoming move.

As the matter of fact, it does not predict the direction of the market or its volatility at all.

It is not an arbitrage system either.

It does not use any optimization on the historical data and yet it shows consistant results on any set of historical data fed to the system straight or backwards.

The system's results do not depend on market conditions.

Well,
    Can you figure it out?
    :cool:

#39     Sep 18, 2007
  10. LOL. In other words, you have managed to develop a system based purely upon insider information.:)

P.S. There is a pretty good market out there for selling or leasing robust systems but you are not likely to be able to tap into that using this unconventional approach. Anyway, good luck to you.

#40     Sep 18, 2007