How to sell your system

Discussion in 'Strategy Building' started by QUANTUM_QUANT, Sep 13, 2007.

1. Yes, a very common opinion. No arguments you will hear from me. Not interested in debating this.

#21     Sep 17, 2007
  2. Pekelo

Pekelo

Then what is your problem? Just sign up and make at least 3 months/ 60 trades trackrecord. Then report back and we will take a look....

#22     Sep 17, 2007
  3. I just reread this entire thread after reading your "track records don't mean dick" post and laughed out loud in several places. The funniest was:

Could that "personal reason" be that you hate the feeling of losing money every time you try to trade your system? :D

M

#23     Sep 17, 2007
  4. I would not take you seriously.

Your "systems" are worthless...
    Because static systems are sooooooo sub-optimal...
    As opposed to similar strategies executed by experienced, talented traders.

In effect...
    You are creating a hopeless, one-sided competition:

Primitive Automation
    vs
    Genius Level Human Intelligence

Guess who wins the game in the long run?

#24     Sep 17, 2007
  5. I would like to bring to your attention...
    The fact that you are mentally challenged.

#25     Sep 17, 2007
  6. GTS

GTS

A successful track record is not proof of a successful system but a track record of failure is an excellent predictor that a system is not successful.

Thus there is a legitimate reason for wanting to see a track record, not because it guarantees success but because it filters out some (but not all) of the losers.

#26     Sep 17, 2007
  7. Here is an alternative view.

I sweep the market place periodically. What I look for is bait and switch marketing efforts.

To shut these down it involves three groups: the marketer; the person who delivers product; and the associated legal aggregation.

It has turned out that often the marketing group is looking for products to market since they get overrides. They well know the consequences of improper marketing and how "bad" products play into that set of consequences.

They have crews who do check outs. These people are paid by the marketers to "prove in" products.

When the prove in is in place paper begins to fly.
    You the product provider are at arms length from the client since the marketer is the client's contact and guaranteur of the product, all based on the check out crews guarantees for which they are paid by the marketer.

You will only get a period of income that starts and stops. Your value to the client is different than you think. The client wants to make money and he is buying two things: the system and the training.

The principle guarantee that you get comes from the marketer. He guarantees traffic and fees to you.

This all is more lucrative than the returns in the P and L thread. There are some by products too.

The drawdown issue that you raise is not on the table it turns out.

You lack several skills as well: marketing; training and legal pop up for me right off.

Sorry to intrude with experience.

#27     Sep 17, 2007
  8. plodder

plodder

Fantasy trading experience counts?

#28     Sep 17, 2007
  9. Have you ever thought that a person could have disabilities. Why don't you think before you laugh at somebody you don't know?

#29     Sep 17, 2007
  10. I think you might of missed my point. But it's OK, at least you came up with an intelligent post which is apparently a rare item out here.

#30     Sep 17, 2007