How to sell some intellectual property without giving it away?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by bookish, May 23, 2019.

1. bookish

bookish

I posted this under the cryptocurrency forum since that is what it involves, but I just realized its more of an entrepreneurship thing.

Here it is....

[edit] I thought I explained this clearly. I'm asking for advice on how to sell, and also not get ripped off. I'm not trying to sell and I'm not looking for "no" replies, which are just retarded.

I stumbled upon something that lets me eliminate around 10 to 30 percent of potential cryptocurrencies for longer term speculation. Nearly all of them eventually turn out to be shit coins. If there is anyone out there that trades a lot of crypto and stays invested this could save you from a lot of losses. It is not something that people normally would consider. In fact I've never heard of anyone using this. This could be used to save time by eliminating coins from your list of coins to analyze, or you could go ahead and analyze all of them, but mix this in as a risk factor.

It should give you enough of an advantage that you could also reduce your volatility by shorting a crypto fund - if you can find one that is shortable.

I don't trade, don't want to trade, don't want to start my own fund. What's the best way to make some money off this? Should I sell a rating service / newsletter? Should I auction the secret to the highest bidder and then offer for them to pay me more to keep it secret? Talk to fund managers? Talk to corporate CFOs?

About 60 percent of the time I try to sell some intellectual property someone finds a way to steal it before I get paid - so thats a problem too. With that in mind I have not put much rigorous effort into it and don't plan to.

What do you guys think?

Last edited: May 23, 2019
  2. maxinger

maxinger

sorry not interested in IP even if it is given away free.
    I have zero trust in those things.

You have to hunt for people who are desperate & gullible & easily taken in.

Last edited: May 23, 2019