How to sell a profitable trading strategy?

Discussion in 'Options' started by Aquarians, Aug 11, 2019.

1. Already told too much. The nature of my business makes me naturally sensible to disturbances and for the first time in like 50 years I heard Russian spoken around me. Welcome, btw :)

#21     Aug 11, 2019
  2. smallfil

smallfil

If it is so good, he should have no problems putting his own monies at risk using his trading system. So, he claims to have backtested it 14 years yet, he has not put real monies on it? Sorry, this does not pass the smell test, much less the BS test!

#22     Aug 11, 2019
  3. Worst case scenario (Sarah's good bye), I'll publish an algo on how you all (including me) might have gotten rich (i.e. not die, as first step).

Last case scenario you don't usually deal with Sarahs but Sergeys.

#23     Aug 11, 2019
  4. Anywayza. I'm upper class here so fuck off.

Taking my friend through the not yet burned library of books on how that carries on.

#24     Aug 11, 2019
  5. Manager Clout we call it (or at least how it sounds). I can get you into places. I've influence.

#25     Aug 11, 2019
  6. ETJ

ETJ

Why products/asset classes - is it scaleable - has it been traded real-time?

#26     Aug 11, 2019
  7. fan27

fan27

What do you estimate the capacity of your strategy to be? $50, $500 million? $1 billion?

#27     Aug 11, 2019
  8. comagnum

comagnum

Every old beach side boardwalk arcade should have a coin operated machine for back-testing, with the power of optimizing, which is the benefit of hindsight, users would get hooked on this, it's like fools gold & crack combined, they will laugh hysterically when they finally realize they let their imagination get the best of them.

In industry publications over the years it has been said "if you want to get a floor full of professional traders to break out in laughter - tell them you have come up with a back-tested strategy that is sure to work".

#28     Aug 11, 2019
    rb7 likes this.
  9. Are you one of those annoying people that only answer the last question that was asked and ignore everything else?

#29     Aug 11, 2019
  10. #30     Aug 11, 2019