How to sell a profitable trading strategy?

Discussion in 'Options' started by Aquarians, Aug 11, 2019.

1. fan27

fan27

Can this strategy be automated?

#11     Aug 11, 2019
  2. qlai

qlai

What you call "dumb" path is the path to hold on to your IP. If you want someone to run your strategy with their money, you will give up your IP to them one way or the other.
    How long would someone need to run your strategy to be convinced that it's working?

#12     Aug 11, 2019
  3. You piece of shits supporting the system haven't neither lived, imagined but all supported the system that creates The Man (The Gulag).

Rule #1:

#1 rule: You can't fight the system from within.

Rule #2:

#1 rule: is there hope?

Answer to #2: maybe. While working for The Man I read a Sci-Fi story about a monkey escaping it's captivity. Now the fact that latest resarch shows dark matter may be surviving Universes could be or not to the help of our Cause (to survive The Gulag at least that is).

#13     Aug 11, 2019
  4. By definition it's automated already.

#14     Aug 11, 2019
  5. Half a year, a year at most.

#15     Aug 11, 2019
  6. In Romanian folklore we have a fabula. The chicken laying golden eggs. Look it up, people are as dumb as boiling the chicken (me) to get the nest.

#16     Aug 11, 2019
  7. rb7

rb7

How about trading your system live for a year to build a proven track record and then (if profitable!!!) do what you want to do now?
    I know you said you don't have much money, but still....

#17     Aug 11, 2019
  8. Have you live traded your strategy at all? If not, why? A real track record is way more convincing than a backtest.

In the OP you said the sharpe was "over 2". How much over? If it's only 2.0001, then that could take years to show.

#18     Aug 11, 2019
  9. interdim

interdim

The more you say the less interest there will be. Back testing means nothing. Let's see some real trades with real money on the line with trades over a large trade sample size in several markets over different time frames. Until you accomplish this everything else is just talk.

#19     Aug 11, 2019
    smallfil likes this.
  10. 2.5 to 4 as far as I saw.

#20     Aug 11, 2019