how to save a tax from capital gains legally?

Discussion in 'Taxes and Accounting' started by trend2009, Jan 18, 2010.

1. the difference is that those riches are hiding money illegally. as long as they report to IRS , it is fine with the government. what we are discussing here is tax defer in a legal way.

#21     Jan 21, 2010
  2. Daal

Daal

The objection you raised is not a problem, if you have a brokerage account outside panama which only you know the password even though you are a minority shareholder its you who are really in control so they can do nothing about it. The actual problem for a US citizen is something called 'controlled foreign company' and its rules which makes it hard for you to dogde the tax but I'd think its still possible with highly complex structures

#22     Jan 21, 2010
  3. Become an Ordained minister and open up a Church. Then that money is the churches money and used to pay your Salary as a Reverend plus the expense of the church.

Look at Benny Hinn and all those billionaire Reverends living tax free.

#23     Jan 21, 2010
  4. heech

heech

Uh, a password doesn't mean anything.

Whoever the majority shareholder is, if they fax a signed request to your brokerage firm looking to:

a) add person Z as a signatory,
    b) withdraw all funds in the account

... how can your brokerage firm legally refuse their request? What's your legal position? They promised?

#24     Jan 21, 2010
  5. monkeyc

monkeyc

States with no income tax just find other ways to generate tax revenue. You can avoid income taxes by living there, but you can't afford taxes.

#25     Jan 21, 2010
  6. ionized

ionized

Acceptance for Value.

#26     Jan 21, 2010

7. I'm afraid I don't follow. The cost of living in Washington, Texas, and Tennessee is way lower than that of California, it seems to me (whether you're talking real estate or even eating out). What are these hidden expenses of living in the tax free states?

#27     Jan 22, 2010
  8. Typically higher property taxes by a mile, at least in the case of NH and FL.

#28     Jan 22, 2010
  9. Good to know. I hadn't looked into property taxes, as my plan is to rent a second pad in the tax-free state.

#29     Jan 22, 2010
  10. no. its not. you are giving bad advice.

#30     Jan 22, 2010