How to reduce latency for trading in China for DAS trader?

Discussion in 'Networking and Security' started by circ7e, Mar 31, 2021.

1. ZBZB

ZBZB

When the satellites start talking to each other by laser in a vacuum then every trading house in the world will be sending orders by it as it will be quicker than fibre.

#11     Apr 1, 2021
  2. circ7e

circ7e

Thx for your advice. I discuss it here is to get some experience who already done the test. Although I am still testing these platforms and I will feedback to share with all.

#12     Apr 1, 2021
  3. napolean

napolean

I speculate solution #1 may work. But to solve the uptime consistency, i think there are things you can tweak over your remote server to reduce data transmission.

For solution #2, it will still be an issue. Based on what i've tested, the delay doesn't only happen to the chart, but also to the order being sent to their server. Like the example i've posted in my original thread, i once experienced an order being sent, accepted and filled, all happened at the same time after being delayed for about 1 minute.

It appears that Starlink is going to be available for me on next year. So i'm going to give it a try. I hope they'll cover your area too. GL

#13     Apr 2, 2021
  4. Possible Solution: Setup a VPS and run DAS in VPS, then remote control to place an order. It can resolve the delay issue in charting.

#14     May 11, 2021
  5. I believe Das Trader servers are in New Jersey. I can let you test on our NY VPS to see if it works for you. I'd expect the latency to be ~20ms.

If Das Trader has servers in Chicago, our Chicago VPS is <1ms.
    • 99.9999% uptime, designed for running critical applications 24/7
    Let me know if you are interested in a free test server.

#15     May 11, 2021
  6. Farmas

Farmas

Why do many choose this direction?

#16     May 28, 2021
  7. #17     May 22, 2022