How to reduce direct mail marketing (junk mail)

Discussion in 'Educational Resources' started by InTheZone, Aug 29, 2003.

1. Greetings,

I just discovered today that by calling the vendor who mailed the direct mail marketing literature, you can find out who provided them with your name and mailing address.

You can then in turn contact that source and ask them to remove your name and address from that list.

-- ITZ

2. You can also do something similar with SPAM e-mail as well. Do a "whois" search on the domain that is sending out the SPAM. You might need to do a bit of sleuthing in the mail header to figure this out.

From the "whois" records, you can find the administrative contact of the whoever owns that domain name.

-- ITZ

3. trdrmac

trdrmac

ITZ,

What I found helped was to be taken off the credit card companies unsolicited mail list. The credit agencies like Equifax have an 800 number where you can opt out of unsolicited card offers.

The other thing I have done is send the postage paid envelope back with the address asking to be removed. If I get a second letter from the same company (after a nice request) the envelopes are good for disposing of other junk mail.

4. MrDinky

MrDinky

Just send the postage paid envelope back with your trash, coffee grounds, banana peels, etc...

:cool:

murray t turtle likes this.
  5. Tired of all that junk mail cluttering your mailbox? Here's a quick tip to help you cut down on direct mail marketing. Delete Junk Mail on iPhone following this instructions https://applenapps.com/delete-junk-mail-on-iphone/: Sometimes, those pesky mailers are a result of shared information. If you get junk mail from specific companies, try unsubscribing from their mailing lists. You can also mark them as spam in your email app on your iPhone. This should help reduce the amount of junk mail you receive both physically and digitally.
    Give it a shot, and you'll have a cleaner mailbox and inbox in no time!

murray t turtle and nencykohl like this.
  6. Overnight

Overnight

A 20-year bump from a bot. Haven't seen one of these in a long while.

murray t turtle likes this.
  7. %%
    OK;
    but i like junk snail mail , some of it is helpful\
    + help$ me keep up with latest marketing.