How to reach a moderator

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by Turok, Feb 3, 2004.

1. Turok

Turok

I apologize if this is not the place for this question, but I searched and was unable to find the answer or the place to ask the question.

How does one reach the moderator for a given Forum? Specifically I am looking for the moderator of Technical Analysis. I see the "complain" button, but that does not fit the description of my needs. There is simply and edit on the thread that needs to be done.

Thanks for any help. A PM with this information will do fine

JB

2. dbphoenix

dbphoenix

Click the name of the forum. The moderators names will be provided at the top of the page.

3. Turok

Turok

Hey DB, thanks so much.

Only one problem...that works for all the other forums, but not "Technical Analysis" (try it if you will be so kind).

When you told me how to do it I felt like a Moron figuring I had just missed it, but nope.

So, now the questions is just a bit different...Who is the moderator for Technical Analysis and can the page be fixed to reflect this?

Thanks again DB

JB

4. Magna

Magna Administrator

Many people click Complain and treat it as an all-purpose button to send me a variety of notes i.e., kill posts, edit posts, rename thread, etc. An alternative is to click the name of the forum as DB mentioned above, then click the Moderator's name, then click "Send xxxx a Private Message". (Note: if there is no Moderator's name listed in the individual forum then there is currently no Moderator for that forum. In that case use the Complain button as that will still get a message to some of us.)

5. Turok

Turok

Hi Magna, Thanks for the response.

I will be happy to use the complain button if that won't upset someone.

Thanks again for the great forum.

JB

6. dbphoenix

dbphoenix

I'll be damned, you're right: there is no moderator for TA (and here I thought they were coming out of our ears). Here's your opportunity, Turok :D

7. How? How do I reach the level of a moderator and become one? What do I do? How long does it usually take?

8. To become an ET moderator, you must enter a long and sometimes grueling period of training. You are first shipped to an island where a survivor-like series is played out, except with real weapons. Nobody is voted off the island, but many bodies do eventually wash up on other shores many years later.

Once you have passed this test, you will then be sent to sit at a booth where all ET members from every walk of life will explain to you how they feel ET should be run correctly. After listening to over 20,000 versions of a "perfect world," if you are still responsive to outside stimuli and are able to babble a coherent sentence, you may be eligible to become an ET moderator.

9. dbphoenix

dbphoenix

Don't you mean "sink to"? :D

10. Magna

Magna Administrator

Great one aphie. But you overlooked one crucial step in the process, that being a genuflect in the direction of Phoenix AZ where, presumably, DB resides. This is in veneration and worship of He Who Knows All, da Man With The Plan, the ONE who knows exactly how EVERY aspect of ET should be run. :D

#10     Feb 4, 2004