How to Reach $10MM - $100MM Hedge Funds

Discussion in 'Trading' started by ysettle, Feb 20, 2019.

1. ysettle

ysettle

I am an experienced portfolio manager who has found a way for a hedge fund to hire me for free as long as it is making at least $1MM a year, which is why I targeted 10Mm-$100MM hedge funds. Does anyone have suggestions on how I can best reach them thru boards like this as opposed to having to go onto LinkedIn and try the needle in the haystack approach

Thanks in advance for any and all ideas

2. Tedroes

Tedroes

Hi. Im 14. If you are a Portfolio Manager looking For a Hedge Fund who's assets amass over 10 million, I think you should search up Bridgewater Associates Becuase I heard they Have assets over 1 billion dollars, and Returns up to 2 plus Delta. Check for Hedge Funds that have more assets under management than their revenue. That way, you are assured you receive commission and an Un-doubtful amounts of Revenue. Hope this helps in any way or form.

destriero likes this.
  3. ysettle

ysettle

appreciate your response Tedroes but I am specifically looking for funds in the 10MM - $200MM range that are still in a growth phase and can be creative in the ways they compensate people, which would make my hiring effectively FREE for them. Firms like Bridgewater would be too vanilla for an opportunity like this

4. Make a story about yourself about how you beat the system, pay some PR firm to jack it up, don't need to work for free.

5. destriero

destriero

What a great thread.

Same Lazy Element likes this.
  6. ysettle

ysettle

love your thinking Nooby - you want to go into PR :)

but yes, I am truly serious about my offer, it isnt a gimmick and is a win-win for whoever hires me

7. maxinger

maxinger

strange ....
    experienced portfolio manager should be knowledgable enough .

Why attempt to get info from internet, forum ....?

8. NQurious

NQurious

It's real?

9. fan27

fan27

10. ETJ

ETJ

Are you simply looking for a backer and you've defined that space as being attractive?

1. On a Bloomberg
    2. Middle market brokers like Jefferies and others
    3. Conferences and I would broaden my search to include Family Offices and Endowments.
    4. Your profile says you are from NYC - go to every NYSE, NASDAQ, and Industry event
    5. EDGAR Filings

Without knowing more about asset class - I suspect your best bet would be networking out from you PM contacts.

#10     Feb 20, 2019