How to promote web site?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Ramzes, Aug 18, 2006.

1. Ramzes

Ramzes

Hello Everyone,

my friend asked me to promote his web site, he is a painter?

Gents, do you have any ideas?

Thanks.

2. It really depends. If your friend is running a commercial website where he will sell artwork, you might want to consider Google Adwords and other PTC search engines. If it is more like a personal website, you are very limited. You might want to consider link exchanges with other similar websites.

3. Ramzes

Ramzes

vanhelsing,
    You are right, it is (50/50) personal, but the same time if someone likes his paintings, of caurse, he will sell.

Don't you know how much it will cost to use Google Adwords, say, one month.

THX

4. Adwords has a one time fee of $5.00 to setup with a credit card, the monthly charges are up to the website owner. You set a daily budget and your ads will stop running when that budget gets hit and will resume at 12 midnight Google time (PST) for the next day. No minimum on your daily budget can be as low as $0.50, which might be 2 clicks worth depending on your keywords.

5. It may be cost prohibitive to use google adwords for such a site. Conversion rates are very low. By that, I mean the ratio of sales compared to click-throughs. Your friend could spend a lot of money and end up frustrated. It is probably best to simply try to get low cost or even free promotion of his website. The choices are only limited to the imagination of the website owner. For example, he may want to run an eBay art auction with a link to his website, create a youtube video of some sort, or start up a myspace page. There are a lot of options. However, it is very difficult to create a profitable website.

6. Ramzes

Ramzes

forex-forex
    Adwords has a one time fee of $5.00 to setup with a credit card, the monthly charges are up to the website owner. You set a daily budget and your ads will stop running when that budget gets hit and will resume at 12 midnight Google time (PST) for the next day. No minimum on your daily budget can be as low as $0.50, which might be 2 clicks worth depending on your keywords.

Don't you know is there any kind of statistics with average number of clicks, for example per month, when web site starts working, I mean how to assess Adwords is effective or not?
    THX

vanhelsing
    It may be cost prohibitive to use google adwords for such a site. Conversion rates are very low. By that, I mean the ratio of sales compared to click-throughs. Your friend could spend a lot of money and end up frustrated. It is probably best to simply try to get low cost or even free promotion of his website. The choices are only limited to the imagination of the website owner. For example, he may want to run an eBay art auction with a link to his website, create a youtube video of some sort, or start up a myspace page. There are a lot of options. However, it is very difficult to create a profitable website.

And, how much does cost eBay link? Pay system is as Adwords?
    What is myspace page?

THX

7. myspace is myspace.com. you set up a personal page there, and go around looking for "friends".

Highly effective marketing tool.

adwords will allow you to go through procedure for setting up an account without actually doing so, and you can experiment with words and traffic estimates etc there. Read the help, it is all well explained and intuitive.

ebay will not allow you to link back to your site, but you can try out selling your art there.

hope this helps