How to prevent trading too big size?

Discussion in 'Risk Management' started by innovest_11, Apr 11, 2012.

1. hajimow

hajimow

I have a different recommendation:

Increase your account size. If you reduce it, then the mentality is that you can gamble that money because you have more to replace if you lose but if you put all in, you will be more careful.

#21     May 5, 2012
  2. I have some plugins (I wrote by myself) if you are with IB.

those plugins can let you set up your position size or capital per trade, and the trade number limit per session. thus you can not cross the line or break your rule, after your setup, those rules can not changed until next trading session, if you do not do anything next trading session will keep the same rules for you.

the mimum rule enformancement time is 24hrs, i.e., after you setup, in the current session you have no way to change it . you can change the enforement time to 48hrs, or whtever greater than 24hrs (increased in days, not hrs)

just if you are willing to pay a premium

#22     May 7, 2012
  3. Bison42

Bison42

Pick a couple stocks so you can focus on just them. There is too much noise out there to watch too many positions.

#23     May 15, 2012
  4. Your trading should be according to your capital . Lot and leverage decisions are important , Choose appropriate lot stop loss and take profit to set on desired pips.If you trade big with low capital it will vanish your account.

#24     Jun 29, 2013