How to prevent brokers from knowing your strategy?

Discussion in 'Forex' started by mcgene4xpro, May 14, 2011.

1. You ppl fail to see who the real Goliath is: its the big banks NOT your broker !

Do you really think your broker gives a shit about your strategy?....I guarantee you they have black box systems more sophisticated than your lil homegrown strategy.

Stop living in a paranoid world, it might improve your trading.

#51     Jun 1, 2011
  2. Can you explain a little bit about "using a custom index that you create containing only the currency pairs that want to trade - as just one idea"? this looks like the most effective way to hide the trading strategy.

thanks.

#52     Jun 1, 2011
  3. zdreg

zdreg

"southbeach4me

06-01-11 07:30 AM
    You ppl fail to see who the real Goliath is: its the big banks NOT your broker !

Do you really think your broker gives a shit about your strategy?....I guarantee you they have black box systems more sophisticated than your lil homegrown strategy.

Stop living in a paranoid world, it might improve your trading."

subsume your ego and you might trade successfully.
    these kind of threads are the biggest jokes on ET.

#53     Jun 1, 2011
  4. Objectively thinking, you might be dead right. I have a strong feeling that brokers/big guys have much more sophisticated algo than i have. No doubt about it. But i still do not like the idea to give them a piece of logic even they already have. It is something i dont like to give those guys any.

Subsequently, if i could do some minor changes in my code to make it difficult to be deciphered. This actually will not harm me.

#54     Jun 1, 2011
  5. Big guys are using DMA, broker neutrality and many other techniques to trade anonymously. Do you think why they are doing this?

#55     Jun 1, 2011
  6. It's BS, monumental bullshit. The custom index dissects to a few natural pairs. If you like to pay the vig to prove you're ignorance, then I suggest the custom index as recommended by Veyron.

Of course, he will not allude to the constituents of stated "custom index" as it would pop his BS bubble.

This is the same guy that was adamant that you could not close a Euro-style FX option prior to expiration.

He's wearing big clown shoes.

#56     Jun 1, 2011
  7. zdreg

zdreg

they don't want to be accused of rape.

#57     Jun 1, 2011
  8. This type of thinking is very dangerous. You can and will blame others for your mistakes.

#58     Jun 1, 2011
  9. rdg

rdg

If you assume that it is possible to reverse your logic from your trades, why not spend some time working on how you would do that? Play the part of the 3rd party, take a list of trades, and think critically about what needs to be done. That might give you some insight to answer the question. Wouldn't it be a shame if you spent a bunch of time worrying about this and a bunch of energy implementing countermeasures, and at the end of the day found that your countermeasures cost you money while simultaneously making the reversing job easier?

How about this: I've come across several accounts of edges being placed in the public domain, and they continue to be viable for a few year after being made public. If it takes a liquid market on the order of years to adjust to PUBLIC information, how long is it going to take a single 3rd party to wear out your edge?

#59     Jun 1, 2011

10. And, where in that thread does it state that Peregrine was MY ACCOUNT, Einstein?

You were the one claiming that Vanilla FX Options were not available as stated in a previous post by me. I merely took the time (as you could have) to post a link to a pic of a Platform where they indeed were being traded. I could have also posted a pick of the CitiFx, or Saxo Bank platform as well, that DOES NOT MEAN that the account belongs to me, oh ye, Wise One.

How foolish can a human being be on a public forum, that would in anyway approximate your level of foolishness.

#60     Jun 1, 2011