How to prevent brokers from knowing your strategy?

Discussion in 'Forex' started by mcgene4xpro, May 14, 2011.

1. Hi Veyron, please show us your BARX quote screen. I'd like to see your layout. Thanks.

#41     May 31, 2011

2. You can go visit their website here: http://www.barx.com/fx/index.html to get an idea of what it looks like - that's what most people do when they really want to know.

Or, you can do what I did a while ago, and call 212-412-3640, or 212-412 2363, to get yourself set-up to demo their platform(s). However, I will not be posting anything off of my personal screen set-up, retail or institutional, accept for maybe the ProTrader Arbitrager, as that is only a demo and not a live account.

#42     May 31, 2011

3. You posted your Peregrine account in the past... I don't think you deal with BARX. You're such a prankster!

#43     May 31, 2011

4. If lying about everything is the best you can you, then I'd say you are a pretty weak minded individual. But, that's just my opinion.

Since I've never had a "Peregrine" account in the past, I really don't know what to tell you, other than to find a way to come up with better lies.

Now, if you can post the link to what YOU claim I've posted here before, then I'd be more than willing to discuss it. But, you won't find a Peregrine account having been posted from me here, or anywhere else for that matter, because one of the last places on earth I would ever trade, is through Peregrine.

So, if the Peregrine account exists, then YOU should have no problem producing it.

Now, go get to it. Go post the link from me showing a Peregrine account information. If you can, I'll write you a check for $1 million in full public view. That ought to incentivise you to find that Peregrine link that YOU claim exists.

I don't communicate well with liars. Produce the Peregrine account info. and collect your $1 million check on an open forum, in full view of everybody here.

Fail to produce the Peregrine account info., and you will forever be known as a Capital Liar, to me on this forum.

The ball is now in your court, because YOU placed it there - not me. You just lied yourself right into a hole that you cannot get out of.

I await the Peregrine post from you.

#44     May 31, 2011
  5. PFGBest: http://www.elitetrader.com/vb/showt...52&perpage=10&highlight=options&pagenumber=17

You recall? The thread in which you stated that you cannot close a Euro-style option prior to expiration?

The likelihood of you having the capacity to pay off on a $1MM bet is about as likely as your owning a Veyron. That would be nil.

But just in case... I'll send wire instructions for the mil.

#45     May 31, 2011
  6. In my 40 years of IT I have never heard of reverse engineering the actual data. I have reverse engineered programs and data designs but never the data itself because there is no logical design attached to data. In Y2k my crew reverse engineered old compiled object modules on mainframes back into crude COBOL programs. We could do this because the logical design is embedded in an object module.

But with the data being submitted orders, the broker knows nothing about the logic you used to submit that order. The only case where a broker might succeed is if you used a static non-optimized rule set. Then a reverse engineer may be able to build a model of the submitted orders. But if you use a dynamic optimized rule set, the odds a slim to none that a brilliant programmer could reverse engineer them.

Maybe with a long string of orders a guru with a ton of computer horse power could guess at the logic that was being used. But In my opinion this would be too costly and time consuming for most brokers to attempt.

So to answer your question, if you are still worried, then add dummy events. Using a random number generator to indicate a dummy trade, submit dummy trades that take small loses in some cases or submit orders away from the current pricing and then cancel these order in other cases. These non events will drive the reverse engineer nuts since they are random.

Need more. Then write the strategy into a central program and submit each order to one of multiple brokers. That way one broker will never see but a piece of the entire action. Adding dummy events to this order stream will further confuse them.

Is this still not enough? Split the order stream from the central program among different exchanges and different brokers across the world that handle the product you are trading.

#46     May 31, 2011
  7. Good insights. Bet these are all tools utilized by the likes of Simons to protect his strat

#47     May 31, 2011
  8. Do you think simons are using brothers to send out his orders? I think they should be brokers for themselves.

#48     May 31, 2011
  9. Thank you .. Very informative and to the point. I am going to study all options mentioned in detail. Thank you again for your kind sharing.

#49     Jun 1, 2011
  10. I like the dummy random event tactic but i wouldnot take losses just to avoid brokers from knowing my logic.

The splitting part is also very valid. However, it needs a lot of coding experience to handle all that.

Thank you for sharing.

#50     Jun 1, 2011