how to prepare for night shift trading?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by emk662, Feb 23, 2018.

1. emk662

emk662

This is a little off the topic.

I actually have thought about moving to USA or Europe. USA is a little scary due to its healthcare system. I currently can support my living cost from trading. But i am not able to pay for the medical cost in US if I am sick. I am not sure where i can get a good insurance. Do you know which state?

As for Europe, I have looked into Ireland and UK, as I can only speak English. However, their bars for immigration-type visa is quite high, like several million US dollars for investment type visa. Any ideas?

#21     Feb 23, 2018
  2. ajacobson

ajacobson

We're opening in HK shortly. Kind of depends on you skill set. Shoot me a resume and some background on your trading. ajacobson@exitosus.com.

#22     Feb 23, 2018
  3. emk662

emk662

I am not aimed in HK. But UK.

#23     Feb 23, 2018
  4. ajacobson

ajacobson

Funny - we closed in the UK because of Brexit. OK, no worries - good luck with your efforts.

#24     Feb 23, 2018
  5. emk662

emk662

I don't have a day job, just some classes in the morning. I have plenty time to sleep in the afternoon until the US market opens. I don't like to trade Asia markets since they are usually followers of their US counterparties.

#25     Feb 24, 2018
  6. Peter10

Peter10

how about Cayman island? I also planning to move there.

#26     Feb 24, 2018
  7. motif

motif

Aussie, Yen, Gold, Copper, DAX

#27     Feb 24, 2018
  8. Lee17

Lee17

As the saying goes, “There are no solutions in life. Only trade-off”. Either you get good sleep or you get to trade in the night shift. You can try, may be, 1-2 days per week to do night shifts and see whether what you gain is more than what you lose or otherwise.

#28     Feb 27, 2018
  9. You can also install a bot to fulfill any simple functions needed at any time. So you shouldn't bother too much about time.

#29     Feb 28, 2018
  10. volente_00

volente_00

Back in the day I traded deep into the night/morning Sunday through Thursday. On Friday and Saturday I would sleep 10-12 hours to catch up for week. Then I learned to use bracket and oco orders and the iPhone has given tremendous freedom. I'm still a night owl usually up to 12/1 am. Back up at 2-3 am and then around 5:50 am to start the day. Mostly all I do now is set traps and monitor them. Nothing more rewarding than getting filled, going to bed and waking up to a flat account with a nice profit in it. Friday and Saturday I still sleep 8-10 hours to catch up for the week.

#30     Mar 1, 2018