How to Practice Trading After Hours?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by dilly323, Apr 10, 2008.

1. dilly323

dilly323

Hi all,

Are there any trading simulators that would allow me to practice trading while the market is closed?

I've seen inspectd.com, but obviously it's not realistic. I'd like a simulation with "real time" charts and stop loss orders.

I'm not against the idea of paying for something like this.

Thanks in advance,
    dilly323

2. ganesh6

ganesh6

Investor/RT charts from www.linnsoft.com has an option to 'replay' the intra-day charts for any time period.

3. If you trade futures, check out this software for a tic by tic replay of the day.

- Spydertrader

4. maxpi

maxpi

Ninjatrader has the ability to record and playback data

5. Sierra Chart can do tick replay, but no sim to enter and exit.

6. get hse hang seng futures data real time from esignal.. it like 4 bucks a month. also you can get the simex as well but the simex is a slow mover.
    jay

7. go to www.mirusfutures.com and sign up for there 30 day demo w/ ninja trader. Ninja trader has an option that allows you to record the markets than replay and trade them whenever. Even after the demo is over, you can still have access to those data, as it is saved on you hard drive. hopes this help....And don't worry Mirus won't bother you.... :)

8. dilly323

dilly323

After checking out all of the options, I realized that what I was looking for is actually very simple. It's so obvious, in fact, that I'm almost too embarrassed to say.

I simply loaded up my charts and slowly scrolled through the past week's data. I revealed the chart at my own pace, and tested entry setups, stop orders, etc.

I did this in QuoteTracker, but I'm sure most software would work.

That's all I wanted to do, but thanks for all of the ideas. I hope this thread will help others that may have the same needs.

Cheers

9. That may work but already knowing what happened may bias your practice trades.

#10     Apr 13, 2008