How to place a large order in a low open interest issue?

Discussion in 'Options' started by crimony, Sep 10, 2003.

1. vega

vega

Call your broker and tell them you want a 1000-up market, if that size is too big to be accomodated at the current ask, when you ask for a 1000-up market it is expected to be wider than what is quoted normally, and that is the price you pay for doing that much size. I don't know why I didn't remember that first, could have eliminated the last couple of posts:p DOH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Vega:D

I'm anxiously awaiting your reply Vhehn, lol:p :eek: :p :p

#11     Sep 10, 2003
  2. I'm anxiously awaiting your reply Vhehn, lol

worth a try.

#12     Sep 10, 2003
  3. def

def Sponsor

What is large size? If under 50 lots you should issue a quote request and submit the order to the ISE. You'll get filled. If you are talking size over 2 million USD, send me a PM. If you qualify, I could put you in touch with timber hill's size desk.

#13     Sep 10, 2003
  4. crimony

crimony

Not sure what you mean by lots. Large size is 1000-2000 contracts in one leap call option. The current open interest is 47. The total value of the transaction would be well under 2 million USD. What is the ISE and how do I submit a quote request? Thanks.

#14     Sep 10, 2003
  5. def

def Sponsor

The ISE is the international securities exchange and is now the largest equities options exchange in the states. It's fully electronic and thus quote requests can be issued if your broker supports them. If you are looking to trade 1000 contracts AON, you would have a tough time on any exchange unless you trade through the spread. In any event, if that is the size you trade from time to time, I might be able to assist you in getting a quote for the fill size.

#15     Sep 11, 2003
  6. jrkob

jrkob

I hope it is your intention to keep your calls till maturity right ?

Otherwise, what is your plan to close your position before expiry ?

#16     Sep 11, 2003