how to orchestrate 'street-sweep' trade

Discussion in 'Order Execution' started by khotso, Oct 24, 2017.

1. khotso

khotso

Could you give some ideas, what might be the best way to orchestrate 'street-sweep' type of trade, where I try to accumulate as many stocks in a short time period (1 day)?

Let's imagine that stock is trading very low level because of the tax selling or some other reason, and now I would like to get as many shares as cheaply as possible. How should I proceed?

In this example (random small cap), let's imagine I would like to get those 1015 @ $7.00 + any hidden liquidity too and then maybe clear up levels all the way up to $8.19.

[​IMG]

What kind of order type and order attributes should I try?
    1. To get a maximum amount of shares.
    2. as cheaply as possible.

let's also imagine, that this buying window might be closing, that I cannot use algorithms or any other long-term accumulation strategies.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

2. 1) Just put in a limit order to buy at 8.19. Say 1k shares (I don't know how many you want to buy) You will get filled instantly at 7.00 for 1015 and at 8.19 for 300.
    You are now on the bid for 8685 at 8.19 Hopefully this will attract some attention, and bring out some buyers.
    2) if you want to buy 100k shares, it's best to open an account at JPM or one of the big banks or brokers and call their desk for a quote.