How to market your strategy ?

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by Jimmy3, Jan 13, 2010.

1. What? Sell it?

No - if it works as you say, I respectfully suggest you just use it , keep your mouth shut and never mention it again.

However, I am really interested in how you value it at $250k...

#11     Jan 14, 2010
  2. Wow!

I understand if you are new to the business and simply do not know, but you gotta lose the pompous/ignorant attitude.

What's the point? The point is that there are hundreds of systems out there with great backtested results but no real live trading record. One main question that I would ask you is why aren't you trading this yourself right now? ES has one of the lowest capital barriers to entry out of all the instruments out there? Please do not bother with the "I have no money" because if your system is that solid, you will work to raise a couple grand just to try it out with 1 contract to at the very least, tweak the system based upon live trading results.

#12     Jan 14, 2010
  3. I wouldn't consider investing in or buying any "system" from someone who couldn't put together $10k (on their own, borrow from family, etc..) for an IB account and prove it to me w/ real money. I suspect a hedge fund manager would have the same qualms.

#13     Jan 14, 2010
  4. Handle123

Handle123

If the method actually does what your backtesting shows, start with one contract and as account grows, add more contracts. Before long you will be doing 100 lots and couldn't care less about selling it or talking about it to anyone.

Just like all the vendors who sell day trading methods, if it is so good, they should be doing 100 lots plus. Why mess with the public for a lousy $1,000 to $5,000.

People are so gullible for the thought of easy wealth.

#14     Jan 14, 2010
    beginner66 likes this.
  5. because $1,-$5,000 in real money is worth a lot more than his $250,000 in mental money.

#15     Jan 14, 2010
  6. mynd66

mynd66

I know where there is a hundred dollars laying on the ground. For 5 bucks I'll tell you where it is.

#16     Jan 14, 2010
  7. +1

#17     Jan 14, 2010
  8. l2tradr

l2tradr

Hey, this sounds like the system you (excuse me, Ross Canfield aka rcanfiel) was trying to sell! :D How did that work out for ya?

#18     Jan 15, 2010
  9. Best post of the thread. Simple and true. Selling a trading system that you can't PERSONALLY profit from is not much of trading system.

#19     Jan 15, 2010