how to manage false breakouts on NQ ES

Discussion in 'Index Futures' started by pawpaw, May 27, 2003.

1. YVW.

#51     Jun 2, 2003
  2. 168

Breakout

can you tell us which future firm or which trading platform you use to trade your set up?

many thanks

#52     Jun 2, 2003

3. Well said...I agree 100%

#53     Jun 2, 2003
  4. Sure...I use IB for my trading account and I use Ensign for my charting
    software, and Esignal for
    my data.

#54     Jun 2, 2003
  5. The market, in a trend, advances the trend and also takes breathers. The non davancing portion of a trend is sometimes called a retracement.

There are ET'ers who recognize that in different time periods you can see differing aspects of market trends.

As a person gets to a neutral bias, they seem to be able to eliminate periods of market activity that do not make money.

By learning what is going on, each moment of change is filled with opportunity. The way you ease into making opimum money almost all the time is by meeting the challenges that you become conscious of.

As you see "retracements" appear, you are being given an new opportunity. Someone said here in response to a chicken person comment: Could you do both instead of doing the chicken thing only?

This consciousness is a terrific addition to the money that a person would be making.

You can see that drawdowns are poorly termed items. they make money just as well as non draw downs. Non drawdowns do not have a name I guess.

You see whipsawed people here. Instead of being a whipsawee, consider being a whipsawer.

there is the "chppy" club too. They, of course, are trading a periodicity that is incorrect and they haven't migrated to the correct one yet.

what happens to most peope who do not preserve the myths of the market is that they become conscious of opportunites and then learn to measure them. After that they devise strategies to make money from their stuff. If you see comments on how lousey some market phenomena is for a person, also sit for a moment and think about who is taking this guys money away from him.

We do know someone is getting it, don't we? How hard is it to get to the trading level of the neat guys who so much fun no matter what is going on? None of this is rocket science. Markets are just places where people do stuff according to human nature.

#55     Jun 2, 2003
  6. pretzel

pretzel

Are you using the same general system you're using now from one year ago? I have just been trading a similar system for 4 weeks and the results are good overall. But I'm still looking for more filters to improve the system. I think we should start a thread on the RS system talking just about tweaks and filters (similar to Hershey's stochastic thread). My system is similar to yours, except in addition I'm using BT of course. Ensign is really great for tweaking.

If you want a comparison with Hershey's method, you can just compare your results with dawg's results (assuming it is a good representation of Hershey's method) in the Dawg Pound thread - is his thread still alive? FWIW, I'm satisfied with my results compared to dawg's.

LBR says that profit per bar counts (I wonder what happened to tampa's "short skirt" trades - and, I think tampa also tried the "rocket" trades). IMO, scalpers should win in the profit per bar category.

pretzel

#56     Jun 2, 2003
    #57     Jun 3, 2003
  8. pretzel

pretzel

Breakout,

"Profits Per Bar" example,

If you make 10 pts in 2 mins in a 1-minute chart, that's 5 pts per bar.

If you make the same 10 pts in 10 mins in a 1-min chart, that's 1 pt per bar.

Which is better?

pretzel

#58     Jun 3, 2003
  9. 168

Breakout

people who loves and know the risk management would love the sep up at 10:04

many thanks

#59     Jun 3, 2003

10. Glad to hear you're getting something out of it. Here's another
    thought I've been tinkering with.

• a.png
      File size:
      22.7 KB
      Views:
    #60     Jun 3, 2003