how to make trading education less boring?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by cole_, Feb 27, 2018.

1. What? That's a crazy notion.

The "trend" is the market's Psycho.... the side you "trade around and give the benefit-of-the-doubt to" (up to a point). That has not "gone away"... and will never do so.

#31     Feb 27, 2018
  2. Do yourself a favor and go to beauty, or cooking school. The fact that you’re asking this question guarantees failure in the trading business. No offense

#32     Feb 27, 2018
    comagnum likes this.
  3. I personally hate ebooks -- can't stand them at all.
    I'd rather, too, read a physical book.
    Physical books feel...majestic...compared to reading something on the web that some random jackoff bozo wrote.

If you truly have no interest in this field, I'm not sure no method of learning and discovering will help you though.

Think about the money. And skill and gambling and luck and wisdom and fun involved with making it in the market.
    Every other job you do in any industry...you're basically capped on how much you can potentially make.
    With trading, the sky is literally the limit. There are some people who are able to transform $10,000 into two million.

Think about fine Swiss Rolex and Patek Philippe watches, and steaks, and Ferrari and Porsche...and girls' thighs and feet. o_O
    As Gordon Gekko said: You do Good, there are Perks...lots and lots of perks,

Make Trading Great Again 2018...High-Five`

Last edited: Feb 27, 2018
    #33     Feb 27, 2018
  4. wrbtrader

wrbtrader

I remember most education classes in high school and college were boring. Yet, the traditional education system is surrounded by branches into society that's not boring...reason why we endured and continued going to classes.

All had other aspects to keep you willing to endure the classes.

In contrast, when you're learning from an ebook...you do not have the above. You're on your own when it comes to reading & learning that boring ebook.

With that said, I remember I had chicken pox as a teenager...the class notes and exams were brought to my parents and me at home during the chicken pox so that I wouldn't get behind my fellow students.

I do remember it was very "boring" learning from someone's personal notes that I didn't take. It was more than just boring...my attention span & focus was dramatically impacted when learning from someone's else study notes.

Today, ebooks are tough. Usually they aren't designed to tell a fascinating story to keep you interested, motivated and its a poor substitute for in person mentoring. It's like learning chemistry from someone else personal notes. The person that took those notes...it make sense to him/her and the lab classes brings all the pieces together. Yet, to you...you will see things that may be confusing, missing, spelled incorrectly or poor sentence structures.

Also, you'll realize that the motivation is your responsibility...not the responsibility of the ebook.

Simply, if ebook or learning from someone's else study notes is not your thing...

Look for something that's interacting, visual as in videos instead of only charts and talk to others using the same ebook so that you will not feel like you're the only one.

By the way, back to that time in high school when I had the chicken pox...worst grades ever although those sharing their class notes with me got excellent grades.

wrbtrader

#34     Feb 27, 2018
    tomorton likes this.
  5. truetype

truetype

AQMIX is the largest trendfollowing mutual fund available to retail investors. Have a look at its performance and draw your own conclusions.

#35     Feb 27, 2018
  6. RRY16

RRY16

Bring back D.B. Phoenix ebook.

#36     Feb 27, 2018
    happyscalpie and lcranston like this.
  7. Cole,
    The writer writing style is what makes a book interesting and enjoyable to read or mind- numbing and boring. My advice is to go to your local library and pick up few books about trading and I am sure you will find something that will be interesting to read.

Happy Reading

#37     Feb 27, 2018
  8. zhucap

zhucap

What are you trying to achieve with reading the book? Books are great but for trading, it's just theory. Take what you learn from the books and apply it in the markets with a small position size.

When I started with options, I bought 1 contract to learn. Now I can trade 10+ contracts but start small.

Unlike other fields/professions, more education =/= success in the market.

#38     Feb 27, 2018
  9. If one trades with real money, it should be less boring. A more difficult boredom is probably a kind of boredom that could be felt by those who start making money.

Last edited: Feb 27, 2018
    #39     Feb 27, 2018
    zhucap likes this.
  10. Why read at all? Just watch tastytrade! Seven years strong. It's educational and entertaining. Plus, it's free.

#40     Feb 27, 2018