how to make trading education less boring?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by cole_, Feb 27, 2018.

1. southall

southall

No one makes money trend following anymore?

Also none of the interviews revealed their exact edges in the interviews anyway.
    That makes the market wizard books more timeless.

#21     Feb 27, 2018
    comagnum and murray t turtle like this.
  2. Xela

Xela

Certainly they do ... but most of the specific edges that most of the wizards originally profited from are still long gone. ;)

Call me young (or inexperienced, if you want) but I don't really recognize most of the descriptions of the markets in those Schwager books at all. Still a good read, though.

#22     Feb 27, 2018
    murray t turtle likes this.
  3. You can't get around it. Learning how to trade is boring, live with it. Learning how to code is worst, especial C or java, it's cryptic. Who said anything worthwhile was easy. Some people are not adept to granular thinking. They maybe more suitable to sales or marketing.

#23     Feb 27, 2018
  4. southall

southall

I don't remember a single one of them revealing a specific trading edge. That book and the interviews aren't about trading edges at all. Pretty much each interviewee states if they use TA or FA or combination of both and that is it. If anything there is more emphasis on trader mindset and money management than trading methods

#24     Feb 27, 2018
  5. %%
    Well frankly I hate e books; but love Jack Schwager top trading books. I prefer IBD[ Investors Business Daily ]newspaper. MODERN TRADER magazine[paper] is free to traders, good pics/charts.......................................................................................:cool::cool:

#25     Feb 27, 2018
  6. Xela

Xela

I may have read them a little more recently than you, then, I suspect: from memory, there's certainly some discussion of "edges" from William Eckhardt, Larry Hite and Blair Hull, among others. ;)

#26     Feb 27, 2018
    777 and murray t turtle like this.
  7. %%
    OK +ela; young LOL:D
    BIG problem in many trading books, no one trade s in fractions anymore.LOL Except 1/2/ 50% level refuse$ to go away. NOT many bid ask spreads of 1/2; I meant 50%- 1/2 price levels or 50% off sale LOL

#27     Feb 27, 2018
    Xela likes this.
  8. Pekelo

Pekelo

I have found her:

https://www.tradingschools.org/reviews/stock-whisperer/

"Stephanie Kammerman of The Stock Whisperer is one heck of a musical talent and excellent entertainer. After stints on several realty TV shows, it appears that she has reinvented herself as America’s newest finanical guru. Operating a live day trading chat room that specializes...."

So OP, can you be entertained? Sure. Are you gonna learn something. Suuuuuuure......

#28     Feb 27, 2018
  9. %%
    True; but so many of them gave good pattern fragments. Trends or trend following is/are the only way to make money; unless you can do it on bid/ask, or sell options.:D:cool:

#29     Feb 27, 2018
  10. prc117f

prc117f

If you dont enjoy reading and learning about trading, keeping up with the latest stuff and knowing everything thats going on from Market Microstructure, to bond markets and foreign currency,derivatives etc.. how all this stuff ties together then your heart is not really into it and you are just looking for a way to make a quick buck with little effort.

Unfortunately most people who enter into these markets with that mindset get washed out quickly or in a few years(those who got lucky and rode a bull market and thought they were a genius when it was just dumb luck)

#30     Feb 27, 2018