How to make an Atheists head explode.

Discussion in 'Politics' started by peilthetraveler, Jan 7, 2010.

1. The obvious fact is that neither atheist or theists actually know what happened...

Yet the atheists pretend that they know God does not exist, and that science which studies only the partial values is somehow going to produce knowledge of the whole truth...

#21     Jan 8, 2010
  2. Yes, stick figure cartoons and word games best convey the cutting edge of human knowledge and understanding. On the plus side, I will agree that this video speaks at an appropriate level to its intended audience.

#22     Jan 8, 2010
  3. Yes, god lurks in the gaps and shadows of human knowledge and understanding. As man's knowledge and understanding grow, god's domain shrinks accordingly.

#23     Jan 8, 2010
  4. Good take. I'd add though that that shrinkage is asymptotic; where never will we capture whatever the notion of God in itself is.

#24     Jan 8, 2010
  5. Ignorance is always in the shadows, whether or not the ignorance is of the atheist or theist.

Theist don't proclaim to know, they proclaim to have faith, a belief.

An honest situation for the real theist.

The dishonesty comes from those who lurk in the shadows and proclaim that they do know and that they don't practice some kind of belief and faith system...

They would be the true atheists...

#25     Jan 8, 2010
  6. maxpi

maxpi

Brilliant, just... wow, I'm bowled over, no really.......

#26     Jan 8, 2010
  7. As an agnostic, where is the proof that God exists :confused:

And who has the knowledge of the whole truth :confused:

#27     Jan 8, 2010
  8. are you sure you didnt mean"how to make an atheist bust a gut laughing"?

#28     Jan 8, 2010
  9. Where is there proof that you are actually an agnostic?

Simply because you claim to be an agnostic?

You could be lying...

God would have the knowledge of the whole truth, as would those who are one with God.

#29     Jan 8, 2010
  10. Agnosticism is the safest ground since they have all their options open. They're "open to the possibility" of the truth of God or no God and don't insist on either.

#30     Jan 8, 2010