How to legally maintain that I am subscribed to Interactive Brokers?

Discussion in 'Interactive Brokers' started by basem0001, Nov 22, 2017.

1. Hello,

I am a foreigner subscribing to InteractiveBrokers, The account subscription is completely online, there's no physical documents.

The only document I can get is simply printing my application details.

Is it enough - in case of any wrong doings - to use the printed form of this application to say that I have an account with InteractiveBrokers?

2. Robert Morse

Robert Morse Sponsor

Why would you require any proof besides your login credentials?

3. What if InteractiveBrokers gone wild and said I didn't have any account with them?

I never did a subscription completely online with such significant account minimumn "$10K", so just want to be sure that legally I am on the right side

4. Daal

Daal

IB wont do that but you might need a few printed account statements in case the broker goes bust and you need to claim the SPIC insurance

basem0001 and Stocktracker like this.
  5. noddyboy

noddyboy

Check the broker with FINRA.
    https://brokercheck.finra.org/
    If it checks out, there should be minimal risks that they take your money and run without any records. There are regulations, bonds, registrations and insurance that protects you.

basem0001 likes this.
  6. Pekelo

Pekelo

Prt Scr then save it in MS Paint.

7. tommcginnis

tommcginnis

and save at least one copy (and one TWS configuration on a thumb-drive) AND a copy of your security card AND your security question/answers

in a remote location.

basem0001 likes this.
  8. truetype

truetype

th.png

JackRab, comagnum, d08 and 1 other person like this.
  9. JackRab

JackRab

You need to provide docs to IB to open an account. Proof of identity etc.... and also if you wire money in your account there's proof of the transfer...

What are you worried about? IB is one of the more legit brokers around...

10. From whose perspective?

If you are used to walk into a brick-and-mortar bank then it might seem a bit overwhelming to having to deal with a purely online financial institute. You have to do your own due diligence to create enough trust to hand over your money to that institute.

#10     Nov 22, 2017